Talk

Advanced search

Please help I'm in so much pain

(8 Posts)
ConstantUnknown Tue 24-Jan-17 22:25:19

Does bleeding 12 days after the MAP signify no pregnancy? Or is it just a side effect? Very light bleeding, STRONG cramping in one side (not AF cramps..) could it be implantation? Or is it a bad AF? Could it be ectopic pregnancy? (Thought it would be too early for this, only 3w 6d since my last AF!

fusspot66 Tue 24-Jan-17 22:28:50

I'd be worrying about ectopic I think.

sk1pper Wed 25-Jan-17 10:40:24

When do you think you ovulated OP?

ConstantUnknown Wed 25-Jan-17 10:49:25

sk1pper - 11th Jan, had unprotected sex that day and took morning after pill the next day. I thought that the bleeding would come soon after taking the pill as it would shed my uterine lining to ensure that an egg couldn't implant, that's why I'm confused about bleeding 12/13 days later. Not sure whether I'm in the clear!

Fuss - that was my first thought but I didn't think that symptoms would occur so soon!

ConstantUnknown Wed 25-Jan-17 10:51:14

I thought I'd take a test just to be sure and this is what came up, it's a 25miu test though, so it may not pick up early early pregnancy, but I'm sure I can see a very faint line, probably just my eyes!

TeethDrama Wed 25-Jan-17 11:10:39

I can't see a line there confused maybe it's just the lighting though. If you tilt the test away from you, i.e. still holding it as you are now horizontally but tilt the far edge towards the floor - often doing this shows up faint lines better.

MAP does disrupt your normal cycle from what I remember, so anything could happen with regards to your periods.

I don't know, but I'd think it a bit early for ectopic symptoms.

If you ovulated on 11th Jan, then it's 14 dpo so that would be enough (generally) for more than a faint line on test.

There's a possibility it could be a chemical pg which is now dissipating into your AF.

I think it likely you are having AF with the cramping and light bleeding, with an offside chance you are PG.

Maybe try another test tomorrow?

TeethDrama Wed 25-Jan-17 11:12:15

But if cramping/pain that bad then call your doctor of course for proper medical advice. Nobody here can tell you what's actually going on, it's just opinions when you might need proper medical attention.

Rikalaily Wed 25-Jan-17 14:02:25

Maybe ovulating as it can delay ovulation as long as you haven't ovulated already when you take it? Possible cyst? MAP isn't designed to bring on a bleed but you can get spotting/early/late period after taking it. Always worth getting checked out though if the pain is severe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now