Talk

Advanced search

When should I test?

(8 Posts)
MissSophieB397 Mon 23-Jan-17 19:37:28

Going to try my best to put this in a short paragraph!
I had my mirena coil removed 14th December 2016. Had my first AF 30th December for around 6 days! I've been using a tracking app for my most fertile days but also kept in mind that my cycle could be a bit different due to having previous contraception. DTD most days since I finished my period, and for the past 4/5 days I've been feeling sick/tired/emotional/tender breasts and heavy feeling, also noticed blue distinct veins on them all over. Sorry for TMI! The nausea has been lasting all day for an hour or so at a time for the past 3 days. I've vomited once due to it but not full on. Been completely put off my usual "go to" food also. Sorry for the long paragraph, I did try to keep it short but it's hard as want to make sure I cover everything! But basically I'm wondering when I should test as I did one yesterday which was a BFN but I'm totally convinced I could be - but I know I should also expect both possible outcomes. Any ideas? hmm

stuckinny Mon 23-Jan-17 20:25:38

I'd be inclined to wait at least another week before testing.

Assuming that you instantly return to approximately 28 day cycle AF wouldn't be due until this coming weekend.

I don't know much about the coil but it can take a few months for our bodies to adjust to no contraceptives.

MissSophieB397 Mon 23-Jan-17 20:46:26

Yeah I think I'm gonna give it another week! Just hate the intense wait sad

stuckinny Tue 24-Jan-17 03:43:17

The waiting is terrible. I have another week myself.

MissSophieB397 Tue 24-Jan-17 10:07:10

I think I'm gonna do one on Friday as by then it should show, hopefully! If not I can probably just assume I'm not pregnant but my breasts are just so so sore and veiny, I never get them before AF so it's the only reason I'm convinced! Let me know how yours goes!

mrsbarnettsbaby Tue 24-Jan-17 10:42:33

I felt like that after having my coil out on 25 July. AF came eventually. Really heavy too. Since then I have had cycles ranging from 16-67 days. Still bfn and we dtd pretty much every day. However I am 42 so not holding much hope now. Currently on cd 43. Good luck to you.

MissSophieB397 Tue 24-Jan-17 14:35:51

Gonna test tonight - see if it shows and if not one more on Friday! So tempting to just test. My boobs are in agony today and I'm so sleepy, can't stop eating! Also noticed my fingers look more swel - not sure if that's normal but I've never had them like this before hmm

MissSophieB397 Tue 24-Jan-17 16:12:22

Another BFN! One more try at the end of the week but I'm assuming already I can't be this month sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now