Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC first time... Experiences please!

(5 Posts)
MistyBxx Sun 22-Jan-17 18:09:06

Hi everyone,
I've just joined this site, so bear with me, I've got no idea what all the abbreviations stand for except ttc so I'm just going to say it as it is because I'd love some help and advice!
I'm 32 and been married 5 months, came off the pill 6 months ago, was on the pill constantly for about 15 years and would now love a baby at last. We are having regular sex and I just hoped I'd fall pregnant but so far, nothing. Cycles are regular (30-31 days) and I've been testing for ovulation and having fun on the days I think I'm supposed to, but period arrives like clockwork every time. I told myself I'd just go with the flow and see what happens as I've heard it can take months or even years for the pill to leave the system, and obsessing about conceiving can be detrimental, but given my age, I can't help worrying! In the whole 6 months I've been "casually" trying, nothing has happened. I'm afraid I'm not as "in tune" with my body as some are, and feel exactly the same as I always have (although periods are heavier and very painful compared to being on the pill!) but I have been trying to keep an eye out for ovulation, struggling though. I've only ever seen the egg white stuff once that I'm aware of. Just feeling a bit stressy about it really and wondering if anyone can share their stories with me.
I had sexy time 3 days before ovulating this week I think. My lower tummy was very sore for 2 days after that, which my friend said could have been ovulation pains but I've never had them before and that was 3 days before I was due to ovulate (according to an app.) I thought the pain was more likely to be tenderness from the night before as we ended up in a very deep position and I think I was a bit bruised up there (sorry for tmi).
My fertile window is over now so just waiting for period to arrive on 4th Feb (but hopefully not arrive obvs!)
Would anyone like to chat and tell me your experiences?
Thanks in advance xx

purplek1tty Fri 27-Jan-17 10:03:23

Hi Misty

Welcome! I know its a fine balance between going with the flow and feeling like you are in control and informed!

When you say you are testing for ovulation, are you getting obvious positives? Unfortunately these tests don't guarantee that you are ovulating, just that your body is gearing up to. Although it sounds like you are given your regular periods. smile

I am currently reading Toni Weshler's book; Taking Charge of Your Fertility. This may be helpful for you to understand your body and feel more in tune with things.

The time frame you describe is nothing to worry about but having a clearer understanding of your body may help you time things a little more accurately. For example if you are relying on OPK's (Ovulation Predictor Kits), then you may only then be timing sex as you're about to ovulate rather than in the days before (which is when most conceptions happen!)

Hope this helps?

MistyBxx Fri 27-Jan-17 10:22:29

Thanks so much Kitty smile I've been on the Feb bus thread and also another ttc post so I'm quickly learning about opk! It's a bit of a minefield lol. I will defo look into that book, I've never put much thought into how my body works and I'm not great at noticing any signs at the mo but I'm currently in the 2ww on either 5dpo, 7dpo or 9dpo 😂🙈if I am indeed o'ing at all!
So I will have more of an idea if/when af arrives on the 2nd, 5th or 6th Feb!
And then if I have to start again, I will pay more attention smile xx

GreedyDuck Fri 27-Jan-17 11:22:33

You say you had sex three days before you ovulated, was it just the once? I would aim to be doing it a bit closer to ovulation, and more often tbh.

MistyBxx Fri 27-Jan-17 12:26:38

Hi greedy, well I confused my opk up this month, I thought a pos was before it was so I dtd either:
- once every day for the 3 days leading up to day of ov
- once 2 days before and the day after ov day
- once 3 days before and day of ov
Lol
So it was mostly in the fw but was unsure of which day I actually was ov 🙈

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now