Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC after miscarriage at 7.5 weeks

(7 Posts)
2plus1plusL1 Sun 22-Jan-17 14:30:45

I'm just at the latter stages of having a miscarriage at 7/8 weeks. The bleeding seems to be tapering off.
I did an ovulation test and it's strongly positive. Is this still the pregnancy hormones lingering or could I be ovulating again so soon and whilst still bleeding from miscarriage?!
I don't want to miss an opportunity but equally I want to kinda of know what's actually happening!

Wombletor Sun 22-Jan-17 15:18:41

Hi, sorry for your loss. I would recommend doing a preg test to make sure its negative. I had recently had an mmc and got a negative test at 3 weeks. I tested at 10 days and 14 days and was still getting faint positives. If your preg test is negative, then you must be ovulating. Good luck

jimijack Sun 22-Jan-17 15:23:18

Hi, from experience I have had positive pregnancy tests for up to 3 weeks after mc has finished, those hormones can linger.
Pregnancy tests muddy the water imo.

Why not just go for it regardless of ov tests/pregnancy tests.
If you are ready, just go for it.

McBaby Sun 22-Jan-17 15:45:49

I took 6 weeks after a mc for pregnancy tests to be negative. I had positive opks throughout.

You are also advised not to start trying until you have stopped bleeding due to the risk of infection as if your still bleeding there may be retained products.

2plus1plusL1 Sun 22-Jan-17 16:31:06

I've just an internal scan tomorrow so that should give an idea on whether there is any retained products.
I didn't realise it would take so long for hormones to level off and for ovulation to start again.

2plus1plusL1 Sun 22-Jan-17 16:31:39

*i've got - not just

TurquoiseDress Sun 22-Jan-17 22:54:25

Hi sorry to hear about your loss.

I would recommend doing a pregnancy test to check whether that is still coming up positive- if so that probably accounts for the positive OPK.

Had a MMC last summer and I remember getting all excited about a positive OPK- but was still getting positive PTs until over 3 weeks post-miscarriage- and I realised that it wasn't actually me about to ovulate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now