Talk

Advanced search

Couldn't help myself

(5 Posts)
tryingtoachieve17 Sun 22-Jan-17 13:50:04

So basically I'm 7dpo and couldn't help myself and I tested and ofcourse it was BFN!!! But I got a positive ovulation test hmm🤔 anybody have a clue what's happening? Unless I've got my dates wrong😫😫😫

Newtoday Sun 22-Jan-17 14:45:12

I don't think the ovulation test looks positive. Though I'm unsure as to their use in later cycle for testing for pregnancy.

The HPT looks flooded, so test again a good few days after your period is due. Good luck!

7dpo is too early to show a pregnancy. Almost 80% of pregnant women test negative at that point - see here.

Sonnet18 Sun 22-Jan-17 14:48:08

You don't have a positive on opk. Sorry! In order for it to be positive the test line needs to be darker than the control line and yours is not. Opks always show a second line as we always have a small amount of the lh hormone present. Test again with a hpt in 4 days or so and that'll give you a more accurate answer.

tryingtoachieve17 Sun 22-Jan-17 15:52:28

Thank you so much for your help!! Means almost t this whole ttc is hard when your body doesn't want to play ball lol xx

haveacupoftea Sun 22-Jan-17 15:55:12

The month I got pregnant I had several days of positive opks before I got a positive hpt - however they were much stronger than your one there, which as PP have pointed out isn't positive.

If you want to test earlier you'll need to use a FRER - the ICs don't usually show anything until AF is due - no matter how sensitive they claim to be.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now