Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation / Timing

(2 Posts)
CharllGracex Sun 22-Jan-17 11:51:07

hi girls,

i just wanted some advise smile
husband and i are trying for our second.
i had my period and tracked it on a period app. was 5th Jan - 9th. i did the ovulation calendar online where you put the first day of your last period in and gives you fertilise week and ovulation day. fertilise week - 16th to 21st and
ov day - 20th. just wanted to know your thoughts as i know its only 25% chance each month... whats the chances if you 'did' on 13th, 16th, and 19th? period due 2nd Feb.

i did read that your best to not leave it until just that week because of built up of dead specimen (hense the 13th) and i also read your best to try 2-3 days prior to ovulation day.

similar stories and thoughts!
thanks everybody smile

booox Sun 22-Jan-17 12:19:28

Hello,

Everyone is different. The best thing to do is to track your own cycle for a few months and look out for cervical mucous. Temperature taking is also really helpful, as then you can pin point your most likely fertile and ovulation time.

Beyond that, having sex every other day from the end of your period till after you think you ovulate is helpful, but even then some women need to do it around ovulation time. You can do opks too; I personally don't find them as helpful as temperature charting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now