Talk

Advanced search

One Step Basal body thermometer help!

(7 Posts)
passmethewine123 Sat 21-Jan-17 15:42:23

Does anybody have this brand of BBT? I bought mine last week, the first time I used it I got the 4 beeps when it reached a stable temp but ever since then it hasn't beeped. I can leave it in my mouth for several minutes and it still won't beep however it does seem to reach a temperature after a while and then stop...I don't know if this is my actual temperature and it's just failing to beep or if there is a problem with it?! Help would be much appreciated!

passmethewine123 Sun 22-Jan-17 16:28:15

Bump

thatsnotmybear Sun 22-Jan-17 17:21:02

I have this type of thermometer too. It doesn't beep as it's taking your temp but it should beep 4 times when it's ready to read. It can take a few minutes, but you should hear the beeps eventually. If you're certain that you're waiting long enough for it to take your temp, then it might be faulty.

passmethewine123 Sun 22-Jan-17 17:35:33

I'm sure when I read the instructions it said you turn it on and it would beep 4 times when it was ready to use, they you put it in your mouth wait a minute or so and then it would beep again when it had reached a stable temp?

thatsnotmybear Sun 22-Jan-17 18:57:03

I binned the instructions and have just been putting it in my mouth as soon as I've switched it on - but you are not wrong - I've just tested it and when I wait for the beeps, then put it in my mouth, it reaches temp but doesn't beep! I've been using it without waiting for the initial beeps for a few months and it's been giving reliable readings.

thatsnotmybear Sun 22-Jan-17 19:06:02

Instructions here, doesn't mention waiting until you hear the beeps before taking your temp: homehealth-uk.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/geon_thermometer_MT-B231_12_11_08.doc

passmethewine123 Sun 22-Jan-17 20:47:24

Oh that's good to know that yours is doing the same, must just be how it works. I was sure the first time I used it it beeped before using and once it had decided on my temp but maybe I am getting mixed up. Anyway if you've been using yours this way for a while it must be fine. Thanks for getting back to me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now