Talk

Advanced search

Coming off the pill

(3 Posts)
Starheart Fri 20-Jan-17 21:26:01

I stopped taking pill about a week and a half ago and have a period since then . This week I have suffered from terrible bloating and stomach pains on several different days Is this a normal reaction to coming off the pill ? If so is there anything that would help with this ? Thanks for any advice

Laurajp35 Fri 20-Jan-17 23:52:53

Hi Starhart I had all sorts of weird and wonderful things happen when I came off the pill including stomach pains. I had been on it a while as my DD is now nearly 4 and perhaps naively thought that putting something into your body for that amount of time and then just stopping it would have no effect - obviously it does! That's good you had your period so quickly though, mine took about a month.

Starheart Sat 21-Jan-17 06:43:25

Yeah I knew there would be some effects but just hard to know what's normal and what's not. Bloating is quite bad one of my colleagues asked me if I was pregnant as I was swollen looking in the dress I was wearing . Trying to drink plenty of water to see if that helps .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now