Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone shed any light?

(12 Posts)
SteffD Fri 20-Jan-17 10:30:49

So AF is 8 days late. I have sore boobs on and off and a dull ache every now and then lower abdo and back a bit like AF pain but then nothing happens and a bit bloated.
I've spotted a few times since last AF
All urine tests are negative - done boots and clear blue digital
Am I going mad?!
GP won't see me until I'm two weeks late
Anyone had this before? On preg calculator I'd be 5 weeks, surely that would show up on a urine test?

SleepFreeZone Fri 20-Jan-17 10:40:57

I doubt you are pregnant, what's your history ie. cycles, contraception, reproductive health?

SteffD Fri 20-Jan-17 12:00:56

No contraception for two years, cycle is 30 days, did ovulation tests this month and did ovulate.
Have slight endo (diagnosed before last pregnancy) ultrasound last year of ovaries and uterus clear.
One child who is 6

SteffD Fri 20-Jan-17 12:07:59

Had to get bloods done to confirm last pregnancy

SleepFreeZone Fri 20-Jan-17 17:28:25

How old are you op and what day in the cycles are you ovulating?

babs7051 Fri 20-Jan-17 17:43:37

It's rare but some women can't use pregnancy tests as there is never enough hormone in the urine. My neighbour had negative tests and only a blood test at the Drs confirmed she was pregnant.
If you had to confirm with blood test last time then this could be the case for you?

Babs

Emz01 Fri 20-Jan-17 18:21:08

Maybe try a FRER? Worth a shot, my period was late and I had a negative with a clear blue digi and tried again 2-3 days later and got a positive with a FRER.

SteffD Fri 20-Jan-17 18:21:31

I'm 28 and I can't remember exactly as I misread the tests but from what I can remember it was around day 15 this month
This is the first month I've done ovulation tests, will carry on and do it properly from next AF if it appears if not gp will see me from end of next week so will book an appt

Mummy081212 Fri 20-Jan-17 20:30:57

My AF was 10 days late last month. If it's not showing on any tests then I'd guess it's a no this month 😢

SteffD Fri 20-Jan-17 23:51:21

Thanks everyone but AF has flown back from her holidays 😢

SleepFreeZone Sat 21-Jan-17 08:32:06

Steff you are really young and the best advice I have for you is to throw all the sticks away and just shag a lot around the middle of your cycle. I was totally obsessed during TTC DS2 and it did me no favours whatsoever.

Mummy081212 Sat 21-Jan-17 08:44:25

SleepFreeZone, great advice. I'm at that stage now TTC no2. I've had to have a word with myself! Eat healthy, exercise regularly and do the BD lots! Let nature do its thing 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now