Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long after implant bleed will FRER show positive?

(8 Posts)
FozBoz Fri 20-Jan-17 08:05:13

Yesterday 5 days before AF due, I got the lightest, pink spotting. This never happens (too early and wrong colour).

Also had sore, massive boobs, cramps and sickness.

I did a FRER this morning. Negative.

So my question. How long after implantation bleed will FRER show a positive --if there is one--blush

Thanks

Piehunter Fri 20-Jan-17 08:07:40

It takes 3-5 days for hormones to rise enough to be detected after implantation I believe!

FozBoz Fri 20-Jan-17 08:14:55

Thank you piehunter. I'm a little unclear on the precise science blush I hope I've got this right: implant happens (shown by bleed?) then possible baby grows once attached, hormone levels only start to increase after implantation?

FRER just said 98% accurate 5 days before AF hmm
....maybe there's still hope!

haveacupoftea Sat 21-Jan-17 10:01:37

You need to give it a few days. Implantation can take a day or two, and urine levels show hcg later than blood levels. Also your blood levels could be doubling every 24 hours but depending on your normal hcg blood level could still be at say 4 or 5 - much too low to show on a hpt. Good luck! flowers

HungryHorace Sat 21-Jan-17 12:03:30

A FRER will show a BFP 5 days prior to AF on a 14 day cycle if implantation occurs on 6 DPO. If implantation occurs later (and it can occur up to 12 DPO) then the 5 day prior won't work as there won't be enough HCG present in your urine.

HungryHorace Sat 21-Jan-17 12:03:47

14 day luteal phase, not cycle.

FozBoz Sat 21-Jan-17 14:16:28

Thank you all. I'm gonna hold my nerve and test on Tuesday - the day AF due.

whezzey Sun 22-Jan-17 11:09:48

Hi all i am new to this we have been ttc for a few years now have gone down lots of routes but failed so before Christmas we made the decision to stop so we went away for new year to relax . Ok here I go so on the 3rd of Jan my boobs started to feel really full and tingling and sore and cramps not everyday but on and off most days the boobs still sore. I think Af came on the 13th as only bleed for 1 day but was heavy which is unusual have been feeling very quizzy have heart burn boobs feel full I did a test but negative so not sure what to think as I don't want to over think it
Happy sunday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now