Talk

Advanced search

Mid-cycle bleeding?

(7 Posts)
curliegirlie Tue 17-Jan-17 08:19:38

Just wondering if anyone's ever experienced mid cycle bleeding after sex and still went on to get a BFP that month?

I'm not hugely optimistic about this month as we only dtd two or three times in my fertile window, but it's depressing if I know I'm definitely out by 4DPO!

purplek1tty Wed 18-Jan-17 13:04:13

Hi curliegirlie. I'm on 4dpo today so a day behind you! A bit of bleeding/spotting mid-cycle is unlikely to mean you're 'out' for the month.

You can get some bleeding after sex around ovulation as your cervix can get irritated easily due to the increase in hormones.

It could be late ovulation bleeding.

It could even be implantation (but unlikely).

I have an tilted cervix/womb so tend to get a bit of blood after DTD, especially around O.

I'd say though if this is completely out of the norm for you. You may want to get checked out for peace of mind, but it's probably nothing smile

HPeveryday Wed 18-Jan-17 13:14:36

How y'all doing?
I have downloaded the ovia app by listening to all your lovely lots and it's telling me that AF is due on the 24th. I have just convinced myself that my huge hanging belly is just a result of me getting pregnant and not fat nothing to do with the late night snacking
Don't want to POAS to burst my bubble so will stick to my theory till then! grin

HPeveryday Wed 18-Jan-17 13:15:24

Oh shit wrong thread [blsuh]
I give up. sorry OP.

helenfagain Wed 18-Jan-17 13:58:23

I had a mid cycle bleed the month I got pregnant, from the timing I assumed it was ovulation but had a cd21 test and hadn't ovulated. Got a bfp 3 weeks after the cd 21 test.

curliegirlie Wed 18-Jan-17 15:09:44

Thanks all, good to there may be a smidgen of hope!

HPEveryday I use Fertility Friend, though the thing about fertility apps is that they're only as good as the data you input. When ttc DD I used temping and ov sticks. This time round I've found I'm rubbish at temping (waking at different times, forgetting to do it etc.) so am just relying on ov sticks. On the plus side, I appear to have ovd most months since Sept, but it's annoying not having it confirmed by temps, so I'm never absolutely certain...

Mandylou1992 Wed 18-Jan-17 15:20:19

Following as I usually bleed around 17th but had a bleed around the 14th for 3 days since I've got constant headaches and having flushes not sure if I'm imaging it as I'm trying or weather to take a test??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now