Talk

Advanced search

Doubting myself...does anyone else do this?

(4 Posts)
BabyKangaroo90 Mon 16-Jan-17 23:11:30

Hi everyone,

So last week I went to my cousin and her beautiful newborn. I thought I would be struck with a little bit of the green eyed monster (we are ttc our first) but instead I was filled with self doubt! She was so at ease and a complete natural (also first time mum) but I just couldn't help but wonder if I would be any good as a mother and just generally felt a little nervous about it all! Is it natural to feel this way? Lots of our friends have babies or young children but they are all much older and I'm much more at ease with older children.

Is it just the reality sinking in of actually ttc? Does everyone feel this way sometimes?

Sorry if this seems really irrational but I had to ask! confused

MmmMalbec Tue 17-Jan-17 14:44:37

Totally normal! I remember holding someone else's newborn when I was pregnant and having absolutely no idea what I was doing! But you quickly learn because you have no choice! You'll be fine smile

Phoenix76 Tue 17-Jan-17 22:25:51

It's different when the baby is your own. I was always worried about accidentally dropping other people's babies! Something kind of clicked when I had my first, but I still fret around other's babies! Nerves of any sort are completely normal when ttc as long as they don't overwhelm you.

BabyKangaroo90 Wed 18-Jan-17 21:57:53

Thank you for the replies. I'm not completely overwhelmed, it just made me worry! Glad to hear it's normal though. I think I'm out for this month anyway. AF due in 5 days but just get the feeling she's on her way! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now