Talk

Advanced search

Please can someone help?

(8 Posts)
Mummy081212 Mon 16-Jan-17 20:39:28

Hi All. We are currently TTC baby number 2. Our son has just turned 4. We started officially trying in December. December's AF was due 28/12 but didn't arrive until 4th Jan. I had a terrible sickness bug New Year's Eve which we think may have thrown my cycle. My normal 6-7 day period lasted 11 days in total. Any thoughts on this?

I am wondering now when I am due to ovulate? Do you calculate ovulation date from the day AF starts? If so, I'm due to ovulate in the next few days but I'm finding that hard to digest seeing as AF has literally only just finished??

For our first baby, there was none of this - we literally fell pregnant without tracking AF or ovulation so worrying a little this time I know is not helping matters. Just want to put my mind at rest!

Many thanks x

Chellbells Mon 16-Jan-17 20:59:08

Yes you start calculating from the day AF started, depending on how long your average cycle is will help you work out when ovulation is!
Good luck!

Mummy081212 Mon 16-Jan-17 22:15:29

Thank you. So confused by it all. I'm on average a 31 day cycle should be ovulating next couple of days I reckon!

Chellbells Mon 16-Jan-17 22:33:47

So 31 day cycle should mean ovulation around day 17, so yeah this is your week!

Mummy081212 Thu 19-Jan-17 21:17:39

So it's day 17 of my cycle today and ovulation tests showing no LH surge. I've had sex everyday for the last 5 days! Do I just need to keep going??? When will the surge come?! x

caluna Thu 19-Jan-17 21:21:14

Have you got fertile cm? If you see that, ov should be in the next few days. Good luck!

Mummy081212 Fri 20-Jan-17 18:09:31

Well I'm not really sure about CM. I don't get much - at one point today there was some which I could stretch between my fingers. Like quite a clear colour. Another ov test today saying no LH surge?! Are they even any good???? Only from Home Bargains! x

Mummy081212 Sun 22-Jan-17 08:13:22

So for the last 5 days I've tested ovulation - all said no LH surge. But then apparently this last week has been 'the week'. Day 19 of a 31/32 day cycle. Could it be that I just ovulate really late?!! Starting to freak now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now