Talk

Advanced search

Have i ovulated?

(12 Posts)
Mrshand123 Mon 16-Jan-17 18:38:33

Hey ive taken an ovulation test today and its come up with a faint line. Test said negative. Does the faint line mean ive ovulated or am going to? Sorry new to all this.

Ilovecaindingle Mon 16-Jan-17 18:44:00

How long is your cycle and what day are you currently on?

Mrshand123 Mon 16-Jan-17 18:48:55

That's the problem. Ive been off depo for a month and half so haven't had a period in a while. I read somewhere people can ovulate whilst not having a period. I think I'm just getting my hopes up sad

PenguinsandPebbles Mon 16-Jan-17 18:51:43

If that's an opk then it looks like a high to me, so either just before or after ovulation.

Lines need to be almost identical to indicate a positive OPK.

Keep doing them, mine look like that the day before a peak.

Mrshand123 Mon 16-Jan-17 18:52:30

ive been having lots of cramps too

Mrshand123 Mon 16-Jan-17 18:54:24

i really want a baby, im worried because in 2014 i got pregnant 4 months after depo and i had a mmc at 11 weeks, ive read the depo can cause mc

PenguinsandPebbles Mon 16-Jan-17 21:23:03

I get killer ovulation pain, some people do could be a good sign.

Keep testing smile

Miscarriage is heartbreaking, just because you have had one doesn't mean it will happen again so keep that in mind flowers

I've had more than my fair share of them but i just keep going in the hope one will stick - I believe it will eventually!

Good luck x

BifsWif Mon 16-Jan-17 21:51:58

Keep testing twice a day and the line should get stronger as you gear up to ovulate.

It is only a positive when the test line is as dark, or darker than, the control line.

Mrshand123 Tue 17-Jan-17 08:56:34

I've taken one just now and they are both same darkness. So if I'm ovulating but still haven't had period since depo. Can i get pregnant?smile

physicskate Tue 17-Jan-17 11:20:04

Yes. Because ovulation comes about 14(ish) days before your af starts (if not pregnant). So even before your first ever period you probably ovulated...

Mrshand123 Tue 17-Jan-17 11:43:05

So glad my body is starting to get back to normal. I can't wait to be pregnant. Well fingers crossed then smile even if i don't get caught this month at least it should happen sooner than later smile

physicskate Tue 17-Jan-17 11:54:59

A positive opk means you will probably ovulate in the next 12-72 hours. However, the only way to confirm you do ovulate is by taking your bbt every morning. Some people get a positive opk and then do not ovulate, which means their body tries to ovulate some days letter, before which they get more positive opks...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now