Talk

Advanced search

Ubiquinol- thoughts, opinions, experiences?

(16 Posts)
TurquoiseDress Sun 15-Jan-17 23:03:34

So I'm 38 yrs old, TTC baby no.2 after a MMC at 13 weeks in the summer of 2016.

We've been TTC for just over 6 months and it's hard not to feel despair & a certain amount of desperation.

Since mid November I've been taking a ubiquinol supplement- read about it on here & on the internet etc.

Has anyone taken it and it's made a difference to TTC?

It's expensive and I'm wondering if it's worth buying more/continuing.

Grateful for any thoughts or experiences!

TurquoiseDress Mon 16-Jan-17 09:26:07

Bump!

Alibaba2 Mon 16-Jan-17 10:28:03

Hi Turquoise,

I take ubiquinol too - 200mg/day. Same as you, I had a MC last May and have been ttc since. I'm 41.

It is expensive and obvs I can't say it works! But I've read good things so will carry on! I'm seeing a fertility guru next week so I'll let you know what he says about it.

Wombletor Mon 16-Jan-17 18:02:34

Hi
I'm taking it (age 43) I've read it helps with egg quality. Its currently on offer at the moment £12.99 for 60 here www.woodshealth.com/introductory-offer-ubiquinol

TurquoiseDress Mon 16-Jan-17 21:01:39

Hi thanks for the replies- and thank you for that link, might stock up!

Alibaba
Sorry to hear about your MC. It's so shit starting over agin and TTC.

Based on my previous 2 pregnancies (pregnant straight away) I tried to reassure myself that I would be pregnant within months, or at most by the end of the 2016.

I think this was part of what helped get me through the MMC. But there was a niggle at the back of my mind that things wouldn't be quite so straightforward and our luck had run out, so to speak.

Think I'll keep going with the Ubiquinol for now, am taking 300mg tablets.
The Ovia app has been deleted and BBT thermometer chucked to the back of a drawer. Only do OPKs for a few days of the month now.

Good luck to us all!

JeNeBaguetteRien Mon 16-Jan-17 21:04:49

Thanks Womble, have ordered some from that website. It was not very clear but if you order 3 packs the 3rd was free so worth a try.

Phoenix76 Mon 16-Jan-17 22:29:23

Me! After about a year and a half ttc (39 years old) & a cm I bought Doctor's Best Ubiquinol 200mg and within a month I got my bfp (I'm sure the brand won't make much difference though). I'm so sorry for all the losses on this thread and wish you all bfps.

karryk Tue 17-Jan-17 08:22:03

I started taking it regularly after my second miscarriage (8 weeks). I'm 39. I'm just over 13 weeks pregnant at the moment. I'm not taking it at the moment but plan to start it again after the birth. It seems to have many benefits as we get older so figured why not smile

Best of wishes to all flowers x

TurquoiseDress Tue 17-Jan-17 19:32:40

Phoenix

Hi! I think it was you who wrote about it a few months ago?
I think your post (& bit of googling) made me decide to buy some.

Have taken it since mid-November so maybe I'm just being impatient in general!

Phoenix76 Tue 17-Jan-17 21:37:19

I did add a comment about it on another post! I just couldn't believe it was a coincidence that I got pregnant after taking it after so long ttc. I completely understand the impatience bit I was about to give up. I still have one tablet left in the pot as a momento. I really hope you get your bfp soon, I'm keeping everything crossed for you! X

DT2016 Thu 26-Jan-17 18:04:51

Thanks for the link on the discounted ubiquinol. Have just received my order. How much are you ladies taking each day?

TurquoiseDress Thu 26-Jan-17 19:07:05

The one I'm taking is 300mg but others seem to be taking varying amounts.

The label on mine is 'high absorption CoQ10'

Bought them online from Pureclinica.

Think 6 months supply was something like £40

Hope they're the real ones! confused

DT2016 Thu 26-Jan-17 19:15:23

Thanks Turquoise. I have the Woods Supplements ubiquinol 100mg. It says one a day and do not exceed recommended dose. Have read online of others taking 200 or 300 mg though confused What to do?!

Phoenix76 Thu 26-Jan-17 20:41:18

I'm sure they'll all do what they're supposed to but my conscience won't allow me not to tell you about the one I used just in case you need a back up, various outlets online sell them but advanced warning it's not cheap! I'm hoping my pic will attach but the main difference with my one seems to be "featuring Kaneka QH" I've just googled that part as I had no idea what that meant so it may be worth you having a look to see if you think there's a real difference, either way I reckon any Ubiquinol in your system is a good thing when ttc!

user1470147116 Fri 27-Jan-17 11:06:19

Hi TurquoiseDress

I'm 39 yrs old and TTC for 15 months.

The consultant at Guys Hospital Fertility in London said all women over the age of 35 should take ubiquinol daily to help improve quality of eggs.

Been taking 200mg ubiquinol with meal every day, I use Solgar brand, you can buy them in Holland and Barrett.

I've been pregnant 3 times but unfortunately had 3 early miscarriages/chemical pregnancies..

TurquoiseDress Fri 27-Jan-17 11:29:31

Hello

Thank you user so sorry to hear about your losses.

I had never heard of ubiquinol until a few months ago!

Until I had a MMC last summer, I had luckily fallen pregnant twice without any thought or planning or folic acid/supplements.

Now, almost 7 months down the line, I'm feeling like the tide has most definitely turned.

Also, I have learnt SO much about cycles, supplements, TTC, statistics etc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now