Talk

Advanced search

Confused about this test

(15 Posts)
FannyDaggers Sat 14-Jan-17 23:10:02

Hi, I took a cheapie test this morning, not sure really where I am in my cycle due to a MMC last month and it looked negative. I shoved it in a drawer as now have family staying and didn't want them to see it in the bin and happened to look and it now looks positive? It's at least 12 hrs since I did the test but it doesn't look like an evap line to me, what do others think? (I realise I'm a bit on edge due to the MMC so could just be going crazy...)

YouBoggleMyMind Sat 14-Jan-17 23:13:28

Looks positive, can you do another test? flowers

Djmarbella Sat 14-Jan-17 23:14:04

These tests i have found to be not very accurate. I would get a clearblue to be sure as these (same as the ovulation tests) tend to have the evap line appear after an hour or so 💐

OnNaturesCourse Sat 14-Jan-17 23:17:02

could you test again with CB or other digital test?

FannyDaggers Sat 14-Jan-17 23:17:14

Thanks both, would an evap line have so much colour in it do you think? I thought they were supposed to be more grey in tone? I think I'll wait it out a couple of days and see what happens then.

FannyDaggers Sat 14-Jan-17 23:18:46

Thanks Nature, I think I'll wait a couple of days and test again, hard to know when to test really as no idea what my cycle has been this month!

OnNaturesCourse Sat 14-Jan-17 23:23:02

good luck n baby dust to you 😘

HungryHorace Sun 15-Jan-17 07:28:12

The IC result of mine which was similar (but lighter) is now 2.6 and lying next to me, snoring!

Get an early result pink dye test to confirm.

Congratulations!

eurochick Sun 15-Jan-17 08:00:04

Looks positive to me. I always used the same tests and found them to be completely accurate and never got evap lines.

Roseandbee Sun 15-Jan-17 14:14:00

that is pink and quite a thick line, how long did you allow it to develop before you decided it was negative?
I suggest you definitely try another within the next few days. Maybe a digital would help. FX

FannyDaggers Sun 22-Jan-17 09:01:20

Hello, so I got this result this morning which is quite clear I think! Does this mean I'm about 5-6 weeks along? Sorry for he stupid question but my heads spinning a bit.

physicskate Sun 22-Jan-17 09:03:57

4-5, but those tests say not to use them for dating purposes... so take that with a pinch of salt! Massive congratulations!!!!!

blackcherries Sun 22-Jan-17 09:04:36

Congratulations op! Love seeing some bfps. Dont the instructions say what it means - haven't used those but I'd have thought it means what it says?

sarahnova69 Sun 22-Jan-17 09:05:34

It would indicate 4-5 weeks along.

Sorry to ask but did your tests go back to negative after your MMC? If so, you are indeed pregnant, congrats smile

FannyDaggers Sun 22-Jan-17 09:25:27

Thanks all, yes my tests went to negative after the MMC, unfortunately I had stupidly thrown away the instructions for the test which came from a 2 pack which I last used for my previous pregnancy which turned into the MMC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now