Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which app?

(10 Posts)
sarahboro1 Sat 14-Jan-17 19:24:36

Been ttc for 10 months now, using opks for 3 months and no sign of conceiving whatsoever!! So I was wondering if there's anything else I can do / use to help? As in temping or apps? I'm not sure how to go about temping?? Which apps do you use? Xx

juliettetango Sat 14-Jan-17 21:22:14

I use Glow to track AF but from what I read the best way is temping for checking ovulation. If AF arrives this month I'm going to start that for next month. Lots of fairly cheap thermometers on Amazon.

sarahboro1 Sat 14-Jan-17 23:32:36

Thanks juliettetango, do you have to track the temperature all month? Xx

OnNaturesCourse Sun 15-Jan-17 00:01:40

I use "my calendar " app.

brilliant, can be used for tracking everything... periods, ovulation, temps etc but also medications, symptoms etc

I'm trying temping but not yet got the hang of it.

juliettetango Sun 15-Jan-17 12:15:26

I'm not 100% sure but I think so? As from what I understand your temp goes up a little on ovulation day. Need to do a bit more research!

HollyMay84 Sun 15-Jan-17 12:26:04

I'm using fertility friend app. Have been for a few years, I've tried the others but can't get on with them. When you're tracking bbt make sure you use a proper bbt thermometer and take your temp the same time every morning before you get up, sit up basically before you do anything else smile Your temp will rise the day after ovulation, you need to see a sustained shift in temps to confirm you did ovulate smile

Hope some of that info helps and good luck smile

sarahboro1 Sun 15-Jan-17 14:59:11

Thanks ladies, do you think temping makes that much difference?? I'm pretty obvious when I ovulate from using opks and having ovary pain, I might just try keeping everything together on an app. Xx

HollyMay84 Sun 15-Jan-17 15:13:13

I have to temp as I have irregular cycles and several LH surges during that time. So lots of positive opks. Only your temp or blood test will tell you that you've actually ovulated. Matching the bbt and opk together is really helpful smile

BertieBotts Sun 15-Jan-17 15:16:38

Fertility friend is the best. Temping is useful to confirm whether you've ovulated or not. I recommend going through their course on the app.

You don't need to track temperature all month - I often skip my period week. You'd want to aim for taking it for at least a week before ovulation and continue for 2-3 days after you see the rise. But you can see little clues that you might be pregnant in the TWW, so it can be interesting to carry on. I just do mine quickly and then go back to sleep.

sarahboro1 Sun 15-Jan-17 15:24:57

Thanks holly and bertie, I'll have a think about temping, I don't think I need any more signs to spot during the tww tho I'm bad enough!! 😂 Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now