Talk

Advanced search

How long before you test?

(5 Posts)
CoconutGal Sat 14-Jan-17 18:48:46

I came off the depo 3rd December & AF arrived as per usual soon after. I'm very regular usually AF arrived on the 9th of every month. Well, this month she hasn't. DH & I agreed to wait until end of the month to test just to be sure AF isn't just being irregular but I haven't had any symptoms of AF, my boobs are bigger & have been sore for about a week now but aside from that, literally no other symptoms of anything. So how long have you left it before taking a pregnancy test?

Oysterbabe Sat 14-Jan-17 18:52:34

I tested the day after af was late. I don't go in for testing early and squinting at not there lines, but equally I wanted to know as soon as possible as I'm not one to pass up a gin unless I have to.

bakingmad83 Sat 14-Jan-17 21:55:40

I'm with Oysterbabe in not testing early. With DS I waited till af was a week late, but I was never that regular.

Djmarbella Sat 14-Jan-17 23:20:03

I tested 6 day after o and was negative. Then 12 days after and was positive! So i recommed waiting as long as you can. I ended up miscarriaging at 9 weeks (xmas eve) we are now trying again and hoping for a bfp in the next couple of weeks. Baby dust to u all 💐

sarahlou14 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:29:40

Hi guys sorry new here! My AF was due 7th Jan and tested 2 days before which was bfn then tested on the 9th Jan and saw a faint line, and tested with clear blue on 11th Jan and got a bfp! So now 5weeks 4 days, first baby, I'm 36 and it wasn't planned, but have used no contraception for 3 years, so a bit of a shock as haven't been naturally trying smile keep testing it will happen. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now