Talk

Advanced search

Just decided to start trying for our second...

(5 Posts)
IamPoopyHead Sat 14-Jan-17 00:40:24

...and now I'm fretting!
DD is 5 and I'm starting to worry that she may be too old for a young baby to come into the home. It's taken us such a long time to consider ttc again as I suffered with depression quite badly in the years following DDs birth.
A million other things are swirling around up here too but I'm hoping it's just nerves.
Anyone with similar age gaps between children with any experience on the issue?

Itsjustaphase2016 Sat 14-Jan-17 00:49:16

I felt very anxious on discovering I was pregnant with dc 2 and 3. Worried about how the others would take it, if I'd cope, if I'd get anxious or depressed during pregnancy again.
Yes, I was quite anxious and depressed during pregnancy and yes the other dcs were throw out of kilter and the baby never slept and it was all a blurry nightmare. As you might expect when a new baby enters the family.
BUT... despite the problems you may or may not encounter (some expected, some you haven't even thought of yet), you will have another lovely child to know and love, and your dc will have a baby sibling to grow up with.
I know several families with your age gap, it's fine. Obviously they aren't playmates, but they definitely are a significant bond and relationship in the child's life. And the parents find it much easier than a small age gap!

juliettetango Sat 14-Jan-17 13:11:21

My DS will be 6 this month and we are TTC just now. The age gap worries me but I really want another child so just going with it!

OnNaturesCourse Sat 14-Jan-17 13:15:49

I was a only child for 9, nearly 10, years before my first sibling arrived. We are closer than most siblings I know. I wouldn't worry about any gap

IamPoopyHead Sat 14-Jan-17 19:27:53

Thanks all.
I'm one of life's worriers so it was inevitable that I'd whip myself up into a frenzy, regardless of our final decision.
DD will be an amazing big sister so I'm just going to concentrate on that. The rest can work itself out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now