Talk

Advanced search

One pos, 2 neg and TMI!

(10 Posts)
ethelfleda Fri 13-Jan-17 08:00:37

Hi everyone! Please help!
I think I'm losing my marbles!!
Today is 15dpo
Usually a 25/26 day cycle (although had one of 29 days) so AF was due yesterday or today
Took a test yesterday morning (Asda own brand) and got a fairly faint positive
Took a sainsbury's one yesterday afternoon and this morning (FMU) and both negative?? No sign of AF and cervix has moved high and is soft and closed!
I keep thinking I did the first test wrong. Maybe I didn't read it right or because I put it face down for a very short period (few seconds) before reading that maybe I got a false positive? Why can't it just be clear cut? It is so frustrating!
I didn't take pictures either!
Looked back at the Asda one after ten minutes or so and my positive had disappeared!

MmmMalbec Fri 13-Jan-17 08:21:03

What's the difference in sensitivity between the two tests? ASDA is 15 (the ones with the purple cap) so that's quite low. Maybe the Sainsbury's are much less sensitive?

MouseLove Fri 13-Jan-17 08:22:06

You need to use a FRER. The supermarket ones probably won't be as sensitive. X

ethelfleda Fri 13-Jan-17 09:02:36

I didn't realise - as both brands say you can use 4 days before your missed period I assumed that both would pick it up by now sad

ethelfleda Fri 13-Jan-17 18:32:43

Picked up a GRER today. Just tested. BFN sad
Still no sign of AF though! Ya know when you want to console yourself with wine but still not 100% certain I'm out?! Grrrrr
3rd time lucky next month hopefully!

ethelfleda Fri 13-Jan-17 18:33:19

That's a FRER by the way! Stoopid phone!

MouseLove Sat 14-Jan-17 12:33:32

I'd wait for AF now, I know it's disheartening but if you've missed AF then the likelihood is you're just having a weird cycle or won't get a positive yet. Give it another week at least. Still no AF, re-test.

ethelfleda Sat 14-Jan-17 13:19:17

Thank you Mouse, AF showed up this morning. Gutted! I wouldn't have been so upset if it wasn't for the first BFP!

MouseLove Sun 15-Jan-17 16:15:22

Do you have a pic of your positive test? It could be a possibility that you had what's called a chemical pregnancy but I'm not 100% since you didn't get a strong positive. X

ethelfleda Mon 16-Jan-17 07:32:50

No I didn't take a pic, I went to look at it again after about ten mins or so and the line had disappeared. I did wonder about it being a chemical pregnancy! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now