Talk

Advanced search

Terrified of not being able to conceive - anyone else?

(3 Posts)
MrsG30 Thu 12-Jan-17 23:21:11

Hi,

I'm new here and at my wits end. I have an unfounded and irrational phobia that I may not be able to conceive. There isn't much reason why I shouldn't be able too, but none the less, I'm terrified. I've been on the pill in the past (off it now for 3 months, I've never been that good at taking it, yet in 6 years we've never had an 'accident'?) I have regular periods and track when I'm ovulating (i get ovulation pain and track my periods with an app)

My DH and I have decided to start trying in a few months once we move house (I've been ready for kids for quite a while!) but I just can't see myself getting pregnant, I can't imagine myself pregnant or being a mum.

It's really starting to stress me out and I'm not sleeping well due to worrying about it (I know, I know I'm being silly). I've tried talking to dh about it but he just says 'I think we'll be fine! So-and-so got pregnant straight away!)

I feel like an absolute freak worrying about this so much. Please tell me I'm not alone?

Spam88 Thu 12-Jan-17 23:42:46

I had similar worries about the fact that I was never particularly good at taking my pill yet never got pregnant, but we actually conceived quite quickly once I came off the pill smile if your periods are regular then it's pretty safe to assume you're ovulating and so you shouldn't have any problems smile

Hippychic79 Fri 13-Jan-17 05:54:19

I think it's totally normal to worry but do not entertain the fact that it won't happen. A huge part of succeeding at anything is getting your mind on board and believing that what you want will happen.
I've always been a worrier and suffer with bouts of anxiety- so I've done a lot of reading about mindfulness, meditation and affirmations ... I would recommend meditation to help you relax and the baby making bible by Emma cannon is a good book to read to help with the whole trying to conceive thing.
Good luck xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now