Talk

Advanced search

How often should we DTD in fertile window?

(10 Posts)
Sshsecretenclosed Thu 12-Jan-17 21:55:12

Hi all.
I currently have had two days of high fertility using my clear blue OPKs. Hoping I'll get my peak soon.

How often should we DTD? We did yesterday morning but tonight DH isn't in the mood really rolls eyes. How often should I be trying to seduce him?!?!? Yesterday morn was v quick before work and I wanted to just lay there after and hope it would work but instead I had to get up and get going!! It's so stressful!!

Christmascrackedit Thu 12-Jan-17 21:59:53

Every other day. Then after a few months of that not working, give up and just do it once or twice for fun. And then that's when it happens... I think every other as is fine though. Fingers crossed for you!!

Sshsecretenclosed Thu 12-Jan-17 22:00:57

That's what I'm thinking - this stage feels new and exciting but in a few months it won't be the same!!

MouseLove Thu 12-Jan-17 22:06:21

You should ideally be DTD every 2-3 days during your entire cycle! Not just fertile week. I got my BFP from very little DTD after months of timing it perfectly. Total Sod's law situation. I hate using the word... but relax. It really does work. Your body is welcoming when you're not worrying.

Christmascrackedit Thu 12-Jan-17 22:09:23

Hmmm, it is heartbreaking every time a period comes! But most people conceive within 6 months which is not long at all. Took me 4 months, and I was very surprised the month I did because we only dtd twice. Are you taking folic acid? smile it will still be exciting!! We're you on the pull before? I was on cerazette. Went straight back on it after ds was born 😂

Christmascrackedit Thu 12-Jan-17 22:09:59

Haha on the pull

I meant pill!!

Bugsylugs Thu 12-Jan-17 22:11:10

If no investigations done alt days or 3 times a week and not just in fertile period. If low sperm count different

Christmascrackedit Thu 12-Jan-17 22:11:21

mouseit is impossible to relax when ttc. I recommend the just give up not really give up while secretly hoping method!

Beckface Thu 12-Jan-17 22:27:00

The month it happened for us we had done it every night during the window. That was 6 months after an mmc so I was starting give up hope.

Sshsecretenclosed Fri 13-Jan-17 07:01:16

So far we've done it every other day this week and just had third morning of high fertility - hasn't gone to peak yet. christmas I was on the pill - Logynon for nine years so who knows what might happen but so far i just have my fingers crossed! We have DTD every few days since coming off of it just in case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now