Talk

Advanced search

Warm Bath

(8 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Thu 12-Jan-17 15:54:04

hello.

recently read something online but I'm not sure of its credibility... apparently you have to avoid baths when TTC? Anyone else heard of this. I know the advice is warm baths only once PG but I've never heard of it when TTC!

I'm currently 2dpo and I love my baths. it's my relaxation time. would you give them up if you we're me?

Ilovecaindingle Thu 12-Jan-17 15:55:46

It has no credibility...
Bath away!!

GreedyDuck Thu 12-Jan-17 15:57:55

Absolute rot, enjoy your bath!

OnNaturesCourse Thu 12-Jan-17 16:01:02

thank you ladies. I did suspect it was bullcrap but these things stick you know?

delilahbucket Thu 12-Jan-17 16:08:26

Didn't even give up my baths when I was pregnant. No one even mentioned it. Didn't do DS any harm.
The info you have come across has probably been skewed somewhere as it is men who should avoid hot baths, showers, saunas etc as it can harm sperm.

Alibaba2 Thu 12-Jan-17 19:00:52

I have read that it's not great to have a hot bath either just before or after dtd. Possibly something to do with cm.

MouseLove Thu 12-Jan-17 19:13:48

Actually anything that raises your core temperature is bad for your eggs and baby when you're pregnant. So hot baths, sauna, steam and jacuzzi are no no. Have a read up on core temp and TTC. X

OnNaturesCourse Thu 12-Jan-17 23:53:18

My baths are not sauna temp so I'm assuming I'll be OK. We will see I guess

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now