Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Missed/no ovulation

(4 Posts)
BabyKangaroo90 Wed 11-Jan-17 23:30:09

So my brain is doing overtime trying to work out why my body isn't acting in its usual way...so want to see if anyone can offer any words of wisdom. Apologies for TMI...

Usually I get the egg white CM a few days into my "fertile window". I only track using an app, nothing else but it is noticeable enough so I assume this is round about the time I usually ovulate.

This month I haven't had any?? Only School glue type CM throughout the whole fertile period. I am now into the 2WW. This month is the first month that we have dtd a few days before my fertile window and during but only once.

Also throughout my fertile window this month I can feel my cervix really low. Normally I can't feel it at all during this time.

Is it possible that I haven't ovulated this month? Does that even happen? Will that affect AF if I haven't. Could it also be linked to conceiving? I'm playing the waiting game now but I don't want it to consume my mind so I thought I would ask. Any advice?

Thanks x

delilahbucket Thu 12-Jan-17 16:13:47

Yes it is possible. It is also completely normal every so often. It will affect af as you will either have a light bleed or none.
It could be that you weren't drinking enough to make enough ewcm to be noticeable. It may also be that your ovulation is delayed. Again, perfectly normal.
If you are not using tests or temping you are only guessing. Continue dtd every other day until af. That is the only way you can be sure not to miss the egg.

BabyKangaroo90 Thu 12-Jan-17 16:19:58

Okay, thank you! That has put my mind at ease. I've been feeling really off this month anyway...think I'm fighting off a bug as my other half has been unwell too!

FlossieFrog Thu 12-Jan-17 16:27:06

If you didn't ovulate you're not in the tww. The best ways of confirming ovulation are tracking your BBT (you get a notable shift in temp after ovulation), and also using OPKs to identify when you are about to ovulate. CM can vary e.g. If you're dehydrated or ill.

You could ovulate later this cycle, or you could have an anovulatory cycle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now