Talk

Advanced search

Late ovulation advice pls

(5 Posts)
sarahboro1 Tue 10-Jan-17 22:06:59

Hi ladies, just looking for a bit advice...I'm a rather regular 28 day cycle girl, for the last couple of months I've ovulated around day 15 / 16 with very obvious ovulation pain. However this month I have had shingles and cystitis last week, could this make me ovulate late? I started opk on day 13 which was negative as was day 14. Days 15, 16 and today are visible but not quite as dark as the control line. I'm just starting to have pain over my ovary. Could I still ovulate? Would this make me have a longer overall cycle? Xx

Roseandbee Tue 10-Jan-17 22:12:28

Ive read that illness can make you ovulate late, sounds like your gearing up for it with you OPK results and yes it could delay your af

CaveMum Tue 10-Jan-17 22:14:06

If you ovulate later than normal then yes your cycle will be longer than usual.

The luteal phase (the bit after ovulation) is pretty consistent for each woman, so if your usual cycle is 28 days and you ovulate around day 15/16 then your luteal phase is 12/13 days long.

Being ill can often delay Ovulation, as can stress. It's nothing to worry about and is pretty common.

sarahboro1 Tue 10-Jan-17 22:17:16

Aww thanks ladies!! I was worried I was having the worst start to the year being ill and then not even ovulating!!! Fx the little eggy is going to turn up shortly!! Xx

sarahboro1 Wed 11-Jan-17 18:08:49

Done another test just now and it's another 'nearly as dark but not quite' line. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now