Talk

Advanced search

How soon for symptoms?

(8 Posts)
muminmanchester Mon 09-Jan-17 20:38:43

Period isn't due for 10 days but I've got really tingly sore boobs today... coincidence or very early sign do you think?!

Didn't feel anything this early with DS so thinking just a coincidence but........ you never know!

BoBo90 Tue 10-Jan-17 11:12:30

Coincidence. Symptoms don't start until the egg has implanted at at least 7 days past ovulation

HollyMay84 Tue 10-Jan-17 11:44:23

You never know! Stranger things can happen 😊 I started getting symptoms at 4 dpo with one of my pregnancies. Got a really strong bfp at 8dpo!! I knew exactly when I ovulated as I bbt chart and the scan matched my dates exactly, yet apparently the things I experienced are impossible lol

Good luck and fx crossed for you smile

BoBo90 Tue 10-Jan-17 13:08:47

It's more likely you were noticing common post ov symptoms. Had you had a bfn you would have thought nothing of it but as you had a bfp you associate them with that although granted there are exceptions to the rule 🙂

HollyMay84 Tue 10-Jan-17 13:21:39

My ov symptoms are completely different to my bfp symptoms, as are my bfp symptoms to my af symptoms. I couldn't believe it at the time either tbh but it all tied together nicely. Been pregnant 8 times (3 living dc) and that was the only time it happened, so like I said, you never know smile

muminmanchester Tue 10-Jan-17 13:30:43

Oooh the wait til you can test is excruciating isn't it!

HollyMay84 Tue 10-Jan-17 13:36:50

Op there's one thing I've learnt from all this, and it's what is common for you. So if you've been symptom spotting for a while, say 6-8 months, you should have an idea of what your ov symptoms and af symptoms are. Anything different from your usual af symptoms could indicate something different happening in your body. Obviously only a pg test will tell you in the end if you are but my advise to stop yourself going mad like I did in the first 18 months is to really get to know your body, that way you can tell what's normal or not for you. Hope this helps smile

HollyMay84 Tue 10-Jan-17 13:37:44

And yes it's still an excruciating wait either way lol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now