Talk

Advanced search

Feeling a bit hopeless...

(7 Posts)
sarah1210 Mon 09-Jan-17 15:37:54

Hi, so this might be a bit rambly but just need some reassurance or advice. I have been ttc since April. Told unlikely to get pregnant naturally due to lack of periods (around three a year) so put on waiting list for ovulation induction. Had miracle natural pregnancy but miscarried at 8 weeks in September. Have been ttc again ever since, but cycles all messed up, only lasting 16-20 days, which for me is very weird. However, this cycle I am now on day 25 with no sign of bleeding yet. Have been expecting to bleed any minute. Had false positive (90% sure) on cycle day 23 so have been waiting to test again. Have felt very pregnant for the past week, lots of cramping, lower back pain, waves of nausea and exhausted. But went to toilet today and noticed tiny amount of brown spotting in CM. I'm now feeling hopeless and disapointed and convinced I'm about to start af again but I don't usually get bad menstrual cramps and feel so off... I'm probably just imagining it all. It would mean the world to me to get pregnant again as I've been so heartbroken after losing my first baby. Think I'm just looking for some hope or help or opinions. Thanks in advance... X

MrsBobDylan Mon 09-Jan-17 18:07:02

Why do you think you had a false positive? How have you rested testing again for two days?! Test again!

NotWithoutMyMerkin Mon 09-Jan-17 18:14:08

Brown spotting is really common in early pregnancy. You def need to test. A false positive is really really rare

drinkyourmilk Mon 09-Jan-17 18:17:19

I think you should test again. A false positive is rare.

sarah1210 Mon 09-Jan-17 18:47:19

I did a first response test on cycle day 23, two days ago now. Looked negative, so I took it apart, still negative so threw it in the bin. About an hour later the crazy baby lady in me told me to look again so I did. There was a very very faint but visible pink line. I assume that because it is outside the time and I had taken the test apart it would be am evap line. I posted about it and most people said it was likely an evap line. I did a tesco test tonight when I got home from work and nothing...

NotWithoutMyMerkin Mon 09-Jan-17 22:56:52

Test in the morning with fmu and no matter what resist the urge to take it apart! Good luck

BoBo90 Tue 10-Jan-17 11:05:53

You should never take a first reaponse test apart before it's dried as it will nearly always develops an Evap line! I agree that it was a false positive.
You can wait a few more days and try again but in all honesty it sounds like af is on her way. I had an mc in October so totally understand the heartache of wanting to be pg again. I hope it happens for you soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now