Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with weird cycles post ectopic pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
Flashinthepan Mon 09-Jan-17 13:57:49

Sort of what it says in the title really. I'm 8 months post-surgery for right tube removal after ectopic pregnancy and am having spotting from day 20 to start of AF (about 6 days later).

We're TTC again but I'm worried something is wrong/unresolved from the EP and am so stressed about it I'm worried it will affect my changes of getting pregnant.

Would love some reassurances or just someone who's had/has something similar.

Thanks!

Flashinthepan Mon 09-Jan-17 15:14:00

Bump, as I know ectopic is relatively rare!

Flashinthepan Mon 09-Jan-17 20:52:54

No one?

Whositsandwhatsits Mon 09-Jan-17 22:16:42

I've not had an ectopic pregnancy but I'm 7 months post surgery for a mmc and my cycles are still messed up. I don't think I've ovulated yet either. I'm going for blood tests next week to try to find out why. Not sure if that helps but just thought it's nice to share! Sorry it's not very reassuring confused

Shutitmuppet Mon 09-Jan-17 22:22:37

I had 2 ectopic pregnancies several years ago (I didn't have tubes removed though, so my chances of a repeat were high) I remember my cycles being very strange for several months afterwards but my fertility consultant wasn't worried and said stress played a part.

Good luck, we got there in the end but I remember just how stressful that time was. Be kind to yourself.

Flashinthepan Tue 10-Jan-17 10:03:04

Thank you both. It is reassuring. Most of what I could find online was either "you're doomed" or "I just woke up 6 weeks after and my cycles were miraculously back to normal".

Whosits I'm sorry for what you're going through and hope the blood tests provide some reassurance or a point in the right direction, I'm fairly sure I'm ovulating from temping etc. Hope you get some answers soon.

Shutit sorry that you had to go through it twice, but glad things worked out it in the end. Knowing that so many people do get their baby eventually is helping me keep going. I think stress is a major part as my cycle this month has gone completely wacko and it all follows us deciding to TTC again.

Sbs6jb1 Tue 10-Jan-17 11:49:59

Flashinthepan - I had an EP back in July/Aug treated with Methotrexate. I'd say my last three cycles have been pretty regular, albeit long ~32 days.

About to start on the 2WW journey...!

Good luck!

Whositsandwhatsits Tue 10-Jan-17 18:17:28

Thanks flashinthepan! I hope all works out well for you! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now