Talk

Advanced search

Evap line or a positive?

(10 Posts)
BlackCowboyboots Mon 09-Jan-17 13:16:45

I'm driving myself mad!
I know this has probably been discussed a lot before and I know I probably need to see a GP for a blood test but wondered if anyone here could shed some light....
So I've just missed my second period - would have come on today. I think the first period I missed was because my cycle was messed up from stopping my pill.
Did a few tests after missed first one which was deffo negative.
Have done a few more recently and just had 2 tests which have been "read results in 3 mins" they have been negative with no line. However, fast forward 10/15 mins and there's been a faint pink line - this is clearer if I use first urine of the day.
Am I just getting my hopes up?
I have had extremely sore boobs and been very tired, peeing a lot too! Maybe it's just AF on her way....

HungryHorace Mon 09-Jan-17 14:00:47

Can you post photos?

BlackCowboyboots Mon 09-Jan-17 14:48:59

May sound crazy but I've also tried wetting the strip (heard this can differentiate between a real BFP and a evap) and the line remained - if this helps....

MrsBobDylan Mon 09-Jan-17 18:15:42

Why do you think that's an evap? Looks like a good strong positive to me.

If you came off the pill and haven't had a period since then it's likely you ovulated and haven't had a period because you are now pregnant.

I don't think you need a blood test as that result seems pretty clear - congrats!

QuilliamCakespeare Mon 09-Jan-17 18:16:56

Definitely a positive. I see pink. My first one was fainter and he's now 3 weeks old 😊

BlackCowboyboots Mon 09-Jan-17 18:31:24

Thanks ladies - just because it didn't appear in the 3 minutes like it was supposed to!

lauryloo Mon 09-Jan-17 18:36:49

It's looking like a positive smile

If you put it through an inverter app the test line is definitely coloured

Congratulations

BlackCowboyboots Mon 09-Jan-17 18:39:37

Crikey!
Thank you smile

HungryHorace Mon 09-Jan-17 18:40:52

I didn't even need to open the photo up to see the line! Congratulations. 😁

BoBo90 Tue 10-Jan-17 11:20:38

Definitely looks positive. Get a first response test to confirm.
You might not be as far along as you think though. Your cycles can take a long time to return to normal after the pill (my first cycle was 76days). I would give it a few days for hcg to increase and then get a cb digital that will tell you how many weeks you are 🙂 Congrats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now