Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got endometriosis and still got pregnant?

(9 Posts)
theclick Mon 09-Jan-17 11:51:46

Just that really. Not sure if I have it. Going to GP this week to start process of checking. Wondered how debilitating it would be.

Optimist1 Mon 09-Jan-17 11:57:11

I can't give any useful details but I know my DIL suffered from endometriosis and is now mother to a lovely little boy. Hopefully there'll be others who can give you encouraging experiences, too.

theclick Mon 09-Jan-17 12:18:54

Thank you, I hope so, gives me some hope!

ns1348 Mon 09-Jan-17 12:44:34

Hi, I have mildish endometriosis (though it's caused a lot of pain over the years, and I've had surgery for it twice), and I conceived a couple of weeks ago on only our second cycle of trying (super lucky!), so it is definitely possible, don't lose heart! Interestingly one of my first pregnancy symptoms was endometriosis pain worsening, which is apparently not uncommon in first trimester, though it confused me as I've often been told pregnancy improves symptoms (I think it can, just more likely later in pregnancy). I knew it was endo pain and not pregnancy pain as it was on my right where it has been previously and my uterus sits to left. From what I've been told by doctors in terms of endometriosis and fertility generally, it depends on how much of it there is, and where it is. I'm lucky that mine has never been near ovaries, and is minimal. I hope this helps!

labradottie Mon 09-Jan-17 12:46:35

Yes - I had a laparoscopy and then got pregnant. Now have two dds.

Anna275 Mon 09-Jan-17 14:22:00

My mother had it back in the 80s and managed to conceive myself and my sister. I think it was quite severe because it took her seven years and two surgeries to get pregnant with me, but then she was able to conceive my sister two years later without any issues. I imagine there have been many medical advances since then.

JacquelineChan Mon 09-Jan-17 14:25:39

i was also very lucky , had surgery twice and conceived approx 6 months of trying ( aged 37 ! ) DS now 3- but the pain has not got better for me sadly so don't bank on it . Those 9 months without periods were fabulous !

theclick Mon 09-Jan-17 14:48:58

I don't have pain. The only symptom I do have is rectal bleeding during my period so it seems this is the only real explanation. I've also heard endo on the bowel is worse...

RufusG Wed 11-Jan-17 09:48:15

The pain and bleeding of Endometriosis comes from Inflammation, which may be caused by diet and lifestyle.

There are 2 natural ways to reduce this Inflammation:

Increase Vitamin D - to high levels
Increase Omega-3 and reduce Omega-6

Here are places where you can learn more about Inflammation & Endometriosis:
Vitamin D Wiki
ExpertOmega3

It is relatively easy to increase Omega-3, but much more difficult to reduce Omega-6, which comes from the high levels of plant oils that we eat. Try reducing Sunflower oil, Corn oil and especially Soybean oil, and use more olive oil in your cooking.

You may find it useful to keep a Food Diary for a month and ask your doctor to refer you to a Dietitian to advise you about the food that you eat, and especially a Low Inflammation diet

I hope that this helps you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now