Talk

Advanced search

Encouraging AF along

(49 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Sun 08-Jan-17 01:37:46

Hi

I've recently stopped birth control and have heard horror tales of AF taking a vast amount of time to return to her monthly job. That said today I've had very mild cramping/pressure in my lower belly... spread out across it.

Going from my withdrawal I'm due AF in the next few days but I had little hope of her being on time. With the cramps (and horrific moods I've been swinging from today) I think she might actually appear.

I've heard a warm bath can encourage her along, anyone know any truth in that or have any other ways to help?

I was on birth control for 11 years with a gap in middle but was very regular before.

Thanks

OnNaturesCourse Sun 08-Jan-17 13:17:43

anyone?

OnNaturesCourse Sun 08-Jan-17 19:04:37

one last bump

sk1pper Sun 08-Jan-17 21:21:44

A hot bath always works for me - I normally need one anyway to dull the cramping. For some ladies it has the opposite effect though so the best you can do is try it and see.

Or DTD will probably help it too.

SmittenPears Sun 08-Jan-17 21:31:47

I've read raspberry leaf tea is good for this, though it might not be the best to mix with actually TTC.

buzzmoon Sun 08-Jan-17 21:54:12

I stopped Cerazette at Xmas and since, absolutely nothing, zilch, nada. Waiting for it is so annoying!

sk1pper Sun 08-Jan-17 22:04:00

Ah yeah Smitten - it is indeed but probably not a good idea as it induces pregnancy too. I only drink it up to ovulation because of this.

SmittenPears Sun 08-Jan-17 22:58:22

Good advice sk1pper; do you know if it's supposed to be good for keeping ovulation on track?

OnNaturesCourse Mon 09-Jan-17 00:22:04

What about Raspberries?

* +panics over the raspberry smoothie earlier+ *

sad

TheTartOfAsgard Mon 09-Jan-17 00:24:23

Put your best white bed sheets on - sods law you'll ruin them 😂😂😂

OnNaturesCourse Mon 09-Jan-17 00:33:23

Asgard so true, that or sleeping in the buff 😚

OnNaturesCourse Mon 09-Jan-17 00:34:19

buzz did you get a withdrawal from that or just nothing? 😒

buzzmoon Mon 09-Jan-17 06:20:46

No withdrawal or anything Nature

OnNaturesCourse Mon 09-Jan-17 10:05:58

Oh that must be frustrating envy

FX things straighten out for you xx

OnNaturesCourse Mon 09-Jan-17 10:06:01

Oh that must be frustrating envy

FX things straighten out for you xx

Redpony1 Mon 09-Jan-17 10:12:25

I stopped Cerelle on 5th Dec. Nothing as yet! Had cramps, sore boobs etc but no bleed, not even withdrawal.

Are Raspberries bad when TTC then?! I have them in my breakfast smoothie!

OnNaturesCourse Mon 09-Jan-17 10:24:00

red

I googled but could only find things about Raspberry tea... I'm going to avoid until further clarification as like you I have them in smoothies.

dangle90 Mon 09-Jan-17 18:52:48

Buzzmoon, I came off cerazette on the 8th Dec, no withdrawal bleed or anything, loads of pregnancy symptoms though hmm thought I was going to be one of the unlucky ones who waited months for AF but she arrived this morning, never felt so relieved to see her grin! X

JohnLapsleyParlabane Mon 09-Jan-17 18:57:07

Put on your nicest lingerie and white linen trousers if you have them!
I stopped Cerazette in October, have had one period and am now on CD46 and definitely not pregnant sad so I'm following this thread with interest!

buzzmoon Tue 10-Jan-17 21:49:01

So that's almost exactly a month? I wait with anticipation to hit the month mark!

John what's CD46? Sorry! The wait must be killing you!

Bubblegum89 Tue 10-Jan-17 21:58:14

Same as you, I'm in my first cycle after implant removal so only had withdrawal bleed but af is due tomorrow. I figured I wasn't going to get my bfp this month so just waiting on af to start. Had light blood when I wiped this morning and a small bit of brown discharge on tampon then bad cramps that have all disappeared now! Kind of hoping af shows tomorrow now and my bed sheets are pure white so I figured that would be the best way to make sure she does!! Good luck!

Roseandbee Tue 10-Jan-17 22:32:13

i've stopped birth control twice and periods just went back to normal. My longest stint was 5 years i think.
I find going on holiday really encourages AF, and theres def something in the white theory as aunt flow turned up on my wedding day. I was also wearing my best knickers

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 10-Jan-17 23:03:40

Buzz, it's Cycle Day 46.
Still nothing. sad

DaisyDanzel Wed 11-Jan-17 08:43:34

Are you on any pre conception vitimins OP? I'm taking seven seas trying for a baby. I read vast amounts of reviews for them and in some I read that periods had returned once they started on them after coming off the pill

Ashleigh9917 Wed 11-Jan-17 10:50:02

Mine took 4 months to come in. I had my implant out on 8th Feb last year and I didn't get my period until 6th May. Then it didn't come in June, came on the 7th in July but then didn't come until 22nd August, so once it does come back, be prepared for it being a bit skew-iff at first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now