Advanced search

Old Wife Tale: any truths

(10 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Sun 08-Jan-17 01:06:52

I've just been told that while TTC you should keep your feet warm and avoid cold drinks/foods.

something about a warm environment hmm

Googled it and got a lot of information from the believers and non believers but while I think it's worth a try... not sure I believe it?

Any other tales...any outcomes?

I fancy busting some myths grinbrewbrewbrew

Earlgreywithmilk Sun 08-Jan-17 01:12:16

Hold your legs up in the air for 10 minutes after sex or at the very least stay lying down (presumably to help the sperm 'swim' up your lady bits) - I've heard this quite a few times over the years!

Earlgreywithmilk Sun 08-Jan-17 01:12:55

Ps. I have 5 kids but I can't remember whether I ever tried this!!!!

OnNaturesCourse Sun 08-Jan-17 01:15:57

grin I can only imagine my DPs face if I started lying with my legs up the wall after! lol.

ittookme1hrtothinkofthisname Sun 08-Jan-17 01:22:09

I have heard recently of the socks thing! Can't say I have tried it.
Am 36 weeks PG with my third. Did the legs in the air thing

Earlgreywithmilk Sun 08-Jan-17 01:22:53

Anythings worth a try and it would probably make u both laugh and relax thus opening up your happy, baby-conceiving hormones!
Good luck to you my lovely!

ItchyFoot Sun 08-Jan-17 01:27:06

Well I'm still not sure I believe it works but I did conceive both my kids the only times dp made me put my legs up after.

OnNaturesCourse Sun 08-Jan-17 01:31:53

so ladies it sounds like a good trick thus far! And yes, earltea anything is worth a shot but I'm still getting my cycles settled so no legs in air dancing for me just yet !

Any other tales out there?

GreedyDuck Sun 08-Jan-17 09:58:50

Every time I've conceived I've put a pillow under my hips and stayed lying down for a while afterwards. Oh and made sure I came after dp had.

OnNaturesCourse Sun 08-Jan-17 13:17:10

After, so a manual job then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now