Talk

Advanced search

Old Wife Tale: any truths

(10 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Sun 08-Jan-17 01:06:52

I've just been told that while TTC you should keep your feet warm and avoid cold drinks/foods.

something about a warm environment hmm

Googled it and got a lot of information from the believers and non believers but while I think it's worth a try... not sure I believe it?

Any other tales...any outcomes?

I fancy busting some myths grinbrewbrewbrew

Earlgreywithmilk Sun 08-Jan-17 01:12:16

Hold your legs up in the air for 10 minutes after sex or at the very least stay lying down (presumably to help the sperm 'swim' up your lady bits) - I've heard this quite a few times over the years!

Earlgreywithmilk Sun 08-Jan-17 01:12:55

Ps. I have 5 kids but I can't remember whether I ever tried this!!!!

OnNaturesCourse Sun 08-Jan-17 01:15:57

grin I can only imagine my DPs face if I started lying with my legs up the wall after! lol.

ittookme1hrtothinkofthisname Sun 08-Jan-17 01:22:09

I have heard recently of the socks thing! Can't say I have tried it.
Am 36 weeks PG with my third. Did the legs in the air thing

Earlgreywithmilk Sun 08-Jan-17 01:22:53

Anythings worth a try and it would probably make u both laugh and relax thus opening up your happy, baby-conceiving hormones!
Good luck to you my lovely!

ItchyFoot Sun 08-Jan-17 01:27:06

Well I'm still not sure I believe it works but I did conceive both my kids the only times dp made me put my legs up after.

OnNaturesCourse Sun 08-Jan-17 01:31:53

so ladies it sounds like a good trick thus far! And yes, earltea anything is worth a shot but I'm still getting my cycles settled so no legs in air dancing for me just yet !

Any other tales out there?

GreedyDuck Sun 08-Jan-17 09:58:50

Every time I've conceived I've put a pillow under my hips and stayed lying down for a while afterwards. Oh and made sure I came after dp had.

OnNaturesCourse Sun 08-Jan-17 13:17:10

After, so a manual job then?

blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now