Talk

Advanced search

Delayed 2nd period after taking the morning after pill.

(10 Posts)
kiwi10 Sun 08-Jan-17 00:36:59

Its been over 2 months since I've had a proper period, I had sex on my most fertile days and took the morning after pill 15 hours after. I did bleed a couple of days later which was light and short since then I've not had a period or any signs of a period. I've had an occasional twinge dull pain every now and then but I have taken multiple pregnancy tests which keep saying negative. I've heard many stories about levonelle. Has this happened to you? Did you turn out to be pregnant or is it the MAP messing me around! Thanks x

SophieGiroux Sun 08-Jan-17 00:38:57

It's normal for period to be delayed by up to 5 days after taking map

kiwi10 Sun 08-Jan-17 00:41:28

It's been 2 months now!

Lilylonglegs Sun 08-Jan-17 00:48:44

I took the morning after pill about 6-7 hours later and ended up pregnant. I didn't have any bleeding though.

kiwi10 Sun 08-Jan-17 00:50:05

Did you get negative pregnancy tests? Or only positive

twolinesplease Sun 08-Jan-17 01:30:48

Watching with interest. I took the MAP and had a 3 day bleed a week later so counted cd1 from there. I'm now cd31 of a 25 day cycle but I'm having negative tests.
What's going on? I also spotted on cd17

Sonnet18 Sun 08-Jan-17 08:27:51

When did you last test? If really recently then I would say you probably weren't pregnant and your cycle is a bit messed up and you could perhaps make a gp appointment?

Endmoor1405 Sun 08-Jan-17 19:34:07

I think the MAP really messes with things! I had a normal on time bleed after I took it (about the same day/timing as you OP) and then since that I've bled CD18 twice it very very light. I'm going to speak to my GP this week hopefully since I haven't read anywhere that this is a known side effect and I'm concerned that something isn't right confused

Peskyelephant Sun 08-Jan-17 23:15:02

I got pregnant unintentionally after taking a MAP 3 hours after DTD. I was advised I should have a period within 2 weeks. When it didn't arrive I tested. All of the tests I took were strongly positive.
I think the MAP does mess up cycles but 2 months sounds a bit extreme and worth seeing GP to check.

gamerchick Sun 08-Jan-17 23:17:30

The MAP screwed up my cycles for a couple of months. If you're worried then test but it sounds normal to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now