Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me decipher my ovulation tests please?

(9 Posts)
PeppermintNightmare Sat 07-Jan-17 12:21:40

We've been trying to get pregnant since march with no luck so I thought that this month I would try ovulation tests.

I don't really know how to read them. I know that when the line is darker than the control line it indicates ovulation but the tests are so up and down that i can't work it out.

Can anyone help please?

Hippychic79 Sat 07-Jan-17 12:23:43

I use clear blue smiley face ones to avoid confusion that said looks like your one from today is positive xx

SleepFreeZone Sat 07-Jan-17 12:23:54

That last one would be a positive for me.

SleepFreeZone Sat 07-Jan-17 12:24:30

And I agree the smiley face Clearblue ones will make your life so much easier.

m33r Sat 07-Jan-17 12:40:19

Last one I think is positive. I used to use the cheapies until the line started to get dark then switch to CB digital for clarity. It saved me a fortune (took us 20 months to conceive!) xx

Anna2006 Sat 07-Jan-17 17:57:00

Yeh I would agree the last one looks darkest. I have had months where I get multiple positives in a row though similar to yours and I temp an on them cycles I ovulate on the last positive before they turn negative. Basically I would class you as fertile until it turns negative! Does your CM coincide and last that long?

If you've been TTC for a while may I suggest charting your cycle and temping your BBT. It will confirm when you ovulate in relation to your OPKs once you've done a full month and could be fairly helpful considering you've got so many.

BoBo90 Sat 07-Jan-17 21:05:48

It's totally normal for some women to have multiple days of positive opks. Keep testing until they go faint. The last day of positives is surge day, the day after is egg pop day and then the day after that is 1 dpo 🙂

Don't use the cb digital faces as they would have told you that you've ov'd already when you clearly haven't! Have a google about how they work ladies - they don't actually base the static face on your hormone levels and are not as accurate as the cheapy test strips!

Good luck x

Longdistance Sat 07-Jan-17 21:14:53

I used the CB smiley Ines when trying for dd2. Worked a treat first time.
Good luck x

PeppermintNightmare Sat 07-Jan-17 23:16:48

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure it will happen at some point.

The problem is that I was on the depo injection before we started trying and I know that it can take ages to get out of your system.

I'll just carry on dtd every other day confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now