Talk

Advanced search

Ttc

(10 Posts)
minnie29 Fri 06-Jan-17 20:21:03

hi, I've been trying to conceive for nearly 2 and a half years now. Had all the tests and me and my partner are fine, he already has kids so under my local nhs I wouldn't be entitled to any fertility treatment anyway. I had a miscarriage last April, I'm losing hope now. Every month I'm disappointed. Is anyone in the same situation or can anyone give me any advice????

Phoenix76 Fri 06-Jan-17 22:57:55

Hello minnie. Firstly, I'm so sorry for your loss 💐. Ttc is a horrible roller coaster for many, I always thought it would be simple, just have sex 😮. There are probably a lot of things that actually come in to play here. Do you have an idea of when you ovulate? How often do you dtd? Are you taking folic acid/other supplements? I really feel for you and I know that heart breaking feeling when af arrives, walking down the high street when it seems everyone is pregnant, feeling like giving up. Your test results are encouraging, keep talking about how you're feeling. Hopefully others will be along too with their support. Ps: I did have a happy ending with a few adjustments, hoping the same for you.

Thingymaboob Sat 07-Jan-17 01:00:49

Are you in good general health? Like healthy weight, non smoker etc?

minnie29 Sat 07-Jan-17 18:55:58

Thanks for commenting. I'm healthy and not overweight, 32 years old. I had blood tests and am ovulating fine. Try to have sex 2-3 times a week would prefer more but I dont want my husband to feel like I'm using him as a baby making machine lol. I've only tried home ovulation tests once as as I feel that I might get too obsessed about it. Maybe I am stressing myself out about it, my friends keep telling me relax and don't think about it and then it will happen but easier said than done I'm afraid. I JUST WANT A BABY!!!

Thingymaboob Sat 07-Jan-17 19:17:41

Had your partner had tests too?

delilahbucket Sat 07-Jan-17 19:24:24

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. We're just coming up to the two year mark, I am 31 and we also don't qualify for fertility treatment as I have a son from a previous relationship. My partner has antisperm antibodies. Has your dp had this test done? We were led to believe it isn't done as standard and it was only the second test he did that it was discovered.
Is your dp also fit and healthy?

minnie29 Sat 07-Jan-17 19:57:22

My husband has got two children from a previous marriage, he is 50 but the fertility doctor said that shouldn't matter. He has had a test and his sperm count is fine and healthy. I don't know about this other test though. I am going to go see the doctor again in a couple of weeks I think. Like the comment before it's hard because there are babies everywhere and everyone seems to have gotten pregnant easily apart from me!!!

minnie29 Sat 07-Jan-17 19:58:31

Also thank you everyone who has replied, I'm finding it easier to talk to people anonymously.

delilahbucket Sat 07-Jan-17 22:33:11

His age is a factor. A males fertility declines with age, just not as early as a females. While studies have not been carried out in this country much, other countries have suggested that it is a lot more difficult to conceive when a man hits 50. The only thing the NHS say about it is that make fertility declines after 40 but they can still father children. Just because his count is ok doesn't mean everything else is. It may be worth pursuing some private testing.

user1493055625 Mon 24-Apr-17 18:50:59

Hi All, I am new to this!!! Been reading comments for ages, interesting to hear other peoples experiences! I come off the pill in January, had a withdrawal bleed. Had my period 18th march-22nd march. Then my second period 22nd April but i have stopped bleeding today (24th April)!! Has anyone else had this? Weve been trying a fair bit, ive started taking primrose oil since period arrived, could this be the reason my period was so short??

Really interested in hearing your stories!!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now