Talk

Advanced search

TTC after Ectopic. Any stories?

(19 Posts)
Fuzyfelt23 Fri 06-Jan-17 17:32:57

First month trying to conceive after my very first pregnancy was Ectopic back in September. Had my left Ftube removed. Got the dreaded 2 week wait now 😐Any advice? X

busyrascal Fri 06-Jan-17 17:40:08

No advice I'm afraid, only encouragement. A friend of mine had a tube removed following an ectopic pregnancy and is now due to give birth in a few weeks smile
It has been a long time coming though so maybe prepare to be in it for the long-haul.

AddictedtoLovely Fri 06-Jan-17 17:44:08

I had a EP after Dc1, then another one after dc2, I now have children. Good luck flowers

MrsMarigold Fri 06-Jan-17 17:48:22

I had a ruptured ectopic and had to have a fallopian tube and ovary removed (apparently there was a huge cyst on it) and DS was conceived six weeks later, I also have subsequently had a DD.

Jetpack86 Fri 06-Jan-17 18:25:16

Hello,

I'm on my 2ww too after an ectopic last July, waited until November to start trying again as I had an infection after and bled for a long time. Don't really have any advice, but going through the same thing so if you need support I'm here smile might try testing next Friday, but the wait is killing me! I have 2 DDs (age 11 and nearly 5) and fell pg instantly with them with no problems. Think the stress is affecting me a bit

X

Fuzyfelt23 Fri 06-Jan-17 20:07:15

Jetpack, i'm sad so many women experience fertility issues but glad we're all in the same boat! It's wonderful you have 2 children. My fingers are crossed for you! X

ninjapants Fri 06-Jan-17 20:21:06

Sorry you've been through this, it's truly awful flowers
I had a ruptured ectopic resulting in removal of my right tube. Previously I'd had a missed miscarriage, which I believe may have also been an ectopic as it presented like one. One year to conceive prior to the miscarriage, 16 months prior to the ectopic.
6 months after the ectopic DS was conceived, he's 3 years old now.
I believe my damaged tube was the barrier to successful pregnancy.
Have faith in your body, it can do amazing things! Good luck!

Bigbongos123 Fri 06-Jan-17 20:22:57

Pregnant first month of trying post ectopic. She's a little ball of craziness now... best of luck x

Tiquelove Fri 27-Jan-17 04:43:54

First time ever talking about my ectopic to anyone other then my fiancé. I had an ectopic pregnancy in Oct.2016 and it was our first baby. The doctor said my tubes were clear yet my hcg levels weren't doubling or rising much. I was treated with methotrexate. I sometimes feel pain on my left side?? It's been three months and part of me wants to try so bad! The other part of me is so freaking scared to go through the emotional rollercoaster again. I think my fiancé feels that way too. But anywho I still have faith all is possible for those who believe 😘 I just need the strength to ttc

Badgertastic Mon 06-Feb-17 23:42:12

I found out today that I've got an ectopic pregnancy. I'm going to be treated with methotrexate tomorrow. Your thread gives me hope.

Flashinthepan Tue 07-Feb-17 12:01:12

Badger I'm so sorry to hear this. I had an ectopic last May (surgery though so can't advice about methotrexate). Take all the support you can get and all the time you need. The ectopic pregnancy trust is a great source of information and help.

Badgertastic Tue 07-Feb-17 18:30:48

Thanks Flash I'm on the way back from the hospital following the treatment. It has been a hard two days and I'm sure the next couple of weeks will have their ups and downs, but we are looking forward to the few months wait being up so we can try again. It's nice to hear the positive stories about children following an ectopic. It really does give hope. Fingers crossed for all you lovely ladies who are on your tww or currently pregnant, getting your healthy bundle of joy soon.

Tiquelove Tue 07-Feb-17 21:08:26

@Badgertastic I also had methotrexate for my ectopic pregnancy. To be honest the drug itself didn't have an effect on me as far as side effects. My number did drop rather quickly. My max number was high 770 I dropped down to 111 within a week. I think it was more so the grieving that made me feel down. I'm sorry you have to go through this as well. I'm here for you through this journey as well. I say take all the time you need as it's important to make sure youre ready. Once my fiancé is ready we'll start ttc! Hopefully soon

Badgertastic Tue 04-Apr-17 22:12:48

Hay ladies. I was just wondering how you were all doing? Any good news? X

Flashinthepan Tue 04-Apr-17 22:27:03

No baby yet from me but have managed to get my cycle under control with b50 complex so now having no spotting, and last month had a 14 day lp so hoping that's getting me closer to a bfp. How are you doing badger?

Badgertastic Tue 04-Apr-17 22:35:28

Hey @flash. Glad to hear your cycle is getting there. Physically I'm ok but today emotionally it hit me like a train. I've had my first period following treatment. I'm sending good vibes to you all and hoping for a BFP for you soon. flowers

Flashinthepan Wed 05-Apr-17 07:25:16

im sorry you had a rough day badger. It's nearly been a year here for me since I had surgery and it was only after what should have been my due date and then deciding to try again in January that the fog feels like it's lifted. I found the first couple of cycles trying again horribly sad and stressful but I've come out the other side. It's ok if it takes time. Just know that the worst will pass.

Badgertastic Wed 05-Apr-17 21:37:56

Thanks Flash. I feel better about things today. It's the rollercoaster of grief I guess. Hits you when you least expect it. I'm glad the fog is lifting for you and you have come out of the other side of it. Fingers crossed for you x

Mali2 Thu 29-Jun-17 10:18:25

Had an ectopic pregnancy in March 2016..treated with methotraxate. TTC for the past 6 months. found out I am pregnant yesterday. hope everything goes well this time. gettin up courage to go see doctor actually..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now