Talk

Advanced search

Help please; late ovulation

(40 Posts)
Ashleigh9917 Fri 06-Jan-17 12:36:51

Hi All smile

AF normally arrives on the 5th/6th/7th of the month and lasts 6 or 7 days. Last month it was normal, coming on the 6th.

I normally ovulate 19th/20th of the month, but last month I didn't. I was quite ill so I put it down to that. I thought I was just going to skip a month but I got stretchy fertile quality CM on the 29th. Had a couple of tacky days and then been watery and abundant since. Checked around this morning and its very stretchy and my cervix feels more pointy and hard, and is low. I've had a bit of a pain where my left ovary should be for a few days now, but its gone today.

(Bit of background - I had an implant in for 7yrs - with no periods, and had it removed in February last year. AF arrived in May, skipped june, arrived on time in july, came late on 22nd in Aug then been pretty regular since).

Anyway, what I'd like to know is if I ovulated late, should I expect AF at the normal time or will my period come with the normal amount of days between ovulation & AF, so it will just be later?

What do I do about testing? A hpt needs to wait 2 weeks to show, its been 8 days since I ovulated but they say to test once AF is late. Is my AF late? Nothing will show as its only just about implantation time. Basically I'm confused confused

If anyone can shed any light, give any insight or share your experiences like this, please do, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you

BoBo90 Sat 07-Jan-17 21:18:16

Sounds like your ovulation was delayed due to being ill. Everything else will now be delayed. So expect your period 2 weeks after ov and from now on your dates will be different to what your used to x

Ashleigh9917 Tue 10-Jan-17 12:50:54

Thanks for replying.

Just an update:
I had very light spotting on friday & saturday (8dpo & 9dpo) and lots and lots of CM. Cervix felt soft, like I said in my OP. On Sunday evening I had very light slight dizziness which I dismissed, but I had it again last night. Boobs have been tender, with a sharp pain in one last night, though that wasn't for very long.

Also, last night in the middle of the night I had a pulling sensation in my lower abdomen, but that's gone now and I haven't had it again. Just had to go to the toilet to check if AF had come as I felt very wet. Still lots of watery CM. Cervix is now very high, but soft.

The waiting until anything would show on a test is driving me mad!

BoBo90 Tue 10-Jan-17 14:43:28

So you're about 13dpo now? You can take a test! I had a strong bfp at 10 dpo so yours will definitely show up if you're pg xx

Ashleigh9917 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:06:50

Just been reminded of more symptoms, I nearly cried on the way to work this morning because I saw a lady running and I wanted to toot her and encourage her to keep going (she was running uphill), and then it reminded me of all the ppl that cheered me on when I did a half marathon and I could have blubbed like a baby, and also, this might be tmi, but I've been soooo 'amorous' so to speak for the last week/week and a half.

I have been testing with internet cheapies since sunday, and nothing as yet.

If I ovulated on the 29th (I only go by CM at the mo, I don't temp) then that puts me at 12dpo today so AF should arrive on Thursday if its going to.

Ashleigh9917 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:12:18

Dizziness is coming on this afternoon now, but it could be blood sugar, it feels like when I cut out what i shouldn't eat and my blood sugar starts lowering and going back to what it should be. Its not that, as I've been eating properly since boxing day.

(I was told a couple of years ago that I was prediabetic so I bought a meter to test my blood sugar myself and keep an eye on it but i haven't got it with me and I haven't tested in god knows how long. I normally just stay off bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, sugar & junk).

I had a tin of heinz tomato soup for lunch so the dizziness COULD be my BS lowering maybe, but i've had it slightly since sunday.

BoBo90 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:29:15

Honestly lovely I wouldn't pay too much attention to symptoms. It's easy to spot things you thing are symptoms when it's just a coincidence or a normal tww symptom. internet cheapies can take a while to show a bfp so if I were you I'd go and get a first response test and then at least you will know for sure what's going on. I really hope you get your bfp but I'd personally start preparing for a bfn if no line shows at 12 dpo xxx

BoBo90 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:29:43

How many cycles of ttc are you up too? X

Ashleigh9917 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:39:56

This is cycle 11 now.

I have had odd symptoms before but not like this, but I know how cruel mother nature is and I'm expecting AF, after it showing up after other hopeful symptoms before I'm trying not to hold out too much hope. I keep telling myself i'm not and AF will be here soon.

BoBo90 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:53:20

Ahh ok you know what your body is doing then! Fx that's these new symptoms really are something And a nice bfp is coming your way 🙂 Xxx

Ashleigh9917 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:59:59

Thank you. I hope so too sad

Fingers crossed for all us trying on here.

Ashleigh9917 Wed 11-Jan-17 10:25:19

More symptoms, but I think its my mind tricking me. It's too early for all this. 13dpo now. Last night I started getting a metallic taste in my mouth (which I still have on & off) I didn't really feel hungry all evening. TMI here now, while I was sitting on the sofa I felt a rush of wet practically gush from me so I checked and it wasn't AF, it was clear wet fluid. Still loads of it. This morning I brushed my teeth and A LOT of blood appeared.

hmm confused

Did a test this morning and still BFN.

I just want to know either way sad

Ashleigh9917 Thu 12-Jan-17 11:56:43

Going to update until I know either way, just because when I google and see threads with no outcome it annoys me - I need to know what happened lol!!

14dpo today, if AF was going to come 14 days aver O then it should arrive today. Internet cheapy was negative this morning.

Last night I had more dizziness and metallic taste, the water that other half said tasted fine tasted like green copper pipes (if that makes sense) to me. Its coming and going at the moment though. Then, when I was in bed I could feel a hard ball like area right above my pubis.

Still lots and lots of CM today and my womb is starting to feel 'full' or 'heavy' kinda.

I'll get a good HPT this evening and test in the morning.

Ashleigh9917 Thu 12-Jan-17 15:36:39

Had more things come on throughout the day today, slight nausea on & off, the same dizziness that can't be blood sugar today, and a bit of a stabbing twinge on the side where I had twinges when implantation, if that's what it was, was going on.

TheGrumpySquirrel Thu 12-Jan-17 15:57:06

Watching & fingers crossed for you OP!!

Ashleigh9917 Thu 12-Jan-17 16:29:03

Thank you! I'm starting to get a bit excited now, but trying to reign it in, in case i'm not. I can't quite believe I could be, I'd started to give up hope of it ever happening.

I know that's terrible as there are people that have been trying for a lot longer than us, but I was starting to get quite disheartened really.

Ashleigh9917 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:24:15

They didn't have those in Tesco's, just CB ones. I meant to test again this morning with the other one but I woke up late and didn't remember until i was already doing a wee. Then I remembered its Friday 13th today so I'm not testing today.

Haven't had any other symptoms, other than sleeping from 9/9.30 until gone 8 this morning. I also had a very realistic dream, that I was late for work and didn't wake up until 12pm - and then I got up late lol.

Ashleigh9917 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:25:49

Ooh I think i had a C&P typo there. I tested last night and it was BFN.

mynamei Sun 15-Jan-17 22:40:38

Fingers crossed for you op x

LB89 Mon 16-Jan-17 07:32:19

Hi Ashleigh9917, I have just been reading your post as I am currently in the same situation with regard to late ovulation. Sorry to hear you had a BFN, have you had AF yet? I'm not sure when to expect it! I ovulated on Saturday. X

OnNaturesCourse Mon 16-Jan-17 08:54:56

following with interest.

Ashleigh9917 Mon 16-Jan-17 09:57:38

Saturday 16dpo/Sunday 17dpo

Been sleeping the sleep of the dead, still getting dizzy spells & metallic taste, was a bit 'gassy', boobs were quite quite sore, had some slight cramps and I think my nipples might have got darker, I've never really taken much notice of the colour before, I think they are darker but I don't know if that's just wishful thinking. Still lots of cm. Not very hungry, slight nausea a couple of times.

Still BFN this morning.

And I just found out that DP's cousin is having a baby. He's the brother of the other cousin that is also having a baby. I didn't ask how far along or anything but I assume she's 12 weeks, they got engaged on Xmas day so I'm assuming they knew and waited to announce it.

DP said this morning about going to the Dr's and getting a blood test - and I know I should - but I don't really want to, in case I'm not, as it stands I'm still in with a chance until AF arrives. If that makes any sense. I know it doesn't because I want to know but I kind of don't if its not good news. Although I know its better to know if i'm not.

Ashleigh9917 Mon 16-Jan-17 10:00:40

LB89, all the reading I did said AF should come 14 days after the day you ovulated, so if you ovulate late, AF should be later.

LM89 Mon 16-Jan-17 10:21:21

Thanks Ashleigh9917 for your advice. Really disheartening when other people fall isn't it, I've been in the same boat. Difficult with the blood test too, I'm mega impatient so I I'll struggle to wait! X

Ashleigh9917 Mon 16-Jan-17 10:51:47

How long have you been trying?

Yes it's starting to get hard when I hear of other people announcing their PG's now. I feel awful for that but I also feel sad/jealous/upset/whatever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now