Talk

Advanced search

Could I be pregnant or am I crazy?

(9 Posts)
Koko24 Thu 05-Jan-17 12:29:15

Hi..I really hope this forum can help me get my head straight! So first up, I have been in a casual but exclusive relationship but certainly not one where I would consider trying for a baby. Had a slip up mid September and took the morning after pill the day after - albeit a little later but totally within the time limit, I want to say about 30 hours. Had a bleed about a week after, quite heavy which I think is normal or could have been a very slight early period. However I am so paranoid I am pregnant! I have done 8 pregnancy tests from the days after my period was due (my first period after the morning after pill was late but three since have all been on time) and for a few days and weeks after - all were negative. I then also went to the doctor for a blood test which was negative. And as I said, have had 3 regular periods since. I took another pregnancy test today which would be about 16 weeks pregnant and again was negative and anther first thing this morning - negative. I know for most people this would be enough to assume they're not pregnant but I cannot stop worrying. I definitely feel my belly is bigger and I have put on some weight. I guess i have been eating what I want and not worrying about weight the last while but I still feel my belly is very round. I would say my boobs were sore and heavy just after taking the morning after pill which I believe is normal and also just before and around the time of my periods which again, I think I have always had but i am driving myself insane wondering if this is a pregnancy symptom?! So In conclusion..10 negative pregnancy tests, 1 negative blood test and 3 periods, no other symptoms and I would be about 16 weeks now..am I being totally paranoid?! I think the only thing I can do now is a private scan..has anyone ever gone to these lengths?! Oh and birth control is very important to me and in my many years this is the only accidental slip up I have ever had and I am certain ever will have! Thank you for any responses smile X

user1483387154 Thu 05-Jan-17 12:32:40

you are being paranoid.

LaCerbiatta Thu 05-Jan-17 12:34:05

You are NOT pregnant!

Sorry for shouting but you need to get that out of your head. If you think your boobs are tender you will feel them tender. And your mind can make you feel nauseous and bloated and any other symptom you can think of!

kimnews Thu 05-Jan-17 12:37:13

You have precisely zero reason to believe you are pregnant. In fact, why on earth do you think you're pregnant?

Koko24 Thu 05-Jan-17 12:38:48

No no I need someone to shout at me probably! Any reassurance is helpful smile maybe I've read too many trashy real life magazines with crazy pregnancy stories :/

Thanks for replying X

eatsleephockeyrepeat Thu 05-Jan-17 12:40:59

Please don't let your anxieties get so out of control that you're paying out for a scan; you've spent enough already on tests; you are not pregnant, I assure you.

Whilst it is entirely possible to get pregnant by accident there's actually a hefty dose of lottery-winning luck involved in that. Usually it's not so straight-forward. What IS straightforward however, is ascertaining whether or not you're 16 weeks pregnant. I should say periods, numerous negative hcg tests and a negative blood test should do it.

I'm very sorry you're going through this and appear to have become fixated. I think asking yourself how and why you've become so hung up over this would be a valuable use of your time, as in all kindness it's not a normal response. Good luck.

Bubblegum89 Thu 05-Jan-17 12:45:22

Definitely paranoid! If you've been getting negative tests for 16 weeks then you're absolutely not pregnant. All of the symptoms you've described are pre-menstrual symptoms also

Koko24 Thu 05-Jan-17 12:57:04

Thank you guys, perhaps I should just stop panicking.

Eatsleephockeyrepeat - thank you. I am a huge worrier and I definitely tend to be quite a hypochondriac so this is not out of character for me. So I know it is not a normal response sad

I guess I have seen stories of people who continue to get periods, have negative home and blood tests and put on little weight and have no clue! But I know the likelihood is very, very slim..

X

Sonnet18 Thu 05-Jan-17 17:28:07

You're not pregnant...though I guess the good news is that this anxiety has a shelf life of 24 more weeks and then once a baby doesn't come you'll move on...and find something else to freak out about by the sounds of things! wink just joking, but you are being a bit silly. youre not pregnant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now