Talk

Advanced search

Scared I'm not ovulating

(9 Posts)
Bows85 Wed 04-Jan-17 19:38:14

Hi! I wonder if anyone can offer advice/positive experiences/an ear to bend...(Sorry in advance for the long post blush)

This is cycle 2 of ttc #1 for me and my DH. I came off the pill in August where I had my normal breakthrough bleed. I then had a 42 day cycle followed by a 41 day cycle. We started trying after that.

With my first ttc cycle, I got positive OPKs (ic tests) on CD21 and CD22 but my cycle only lasted 31days before AF arrived.

I am now CD22 without a sniff of a positive on an OPK. I'm also temping for the first time this month which isn't showing any signs of ovulation.

Decided to get cb digital tests after work to see if I could get any reading on that. I know you're meant to use FMU for these but couldn't resist, and got a big fat empty O this evening.

Feeling very deflated and wondered what might be happening. Anyone else have problems like this?

Thanks smile

lynseyc83 Wed 04-Jan-17 20:00:25

Don't really know if this is any help but I must ovulate 9 days after all the apps predicted I would. Might be happening to you

Bows85 Wed 04-Jan-17 21:20:32

Thanks for the reply lynsey smile

I'm not really going off what the apps say tbh because I'm not even sure myself how long my cycles are. That's why I have been relying on the OPKs. Just got to hope I've missed the surge or that I'm yet to ovulate. I hate not knowing!

MouseLove Wed 04-Jan-17 22:08:14

I'll be honest. I didn't get a positive OPK this last cycle. BFP on CD34. Relax. Stop worrying and please try a few cycles without the OPK. It's really not worth the worrying. My cycles coming off the pill were also shit. 50 days down to 23 days.

Bows85 Wed 04-Jan-17 22:17:39

Ah, thanks for that mouse smile
Massive congrats on your BFP too. I remember you from the December bus - you must be over the moon! It's lovely to hear a positive (pardon the pun) story from someone who has had similar issues with stopping bc as me. Best of luck for a happy and healthy pregnancy x

kirinm Wed 04-Jan-17 22:43:06

I recommend that you keep on temping. I know it won't forewarn you about ovulation but you will at least see if you are. I'm doing it this month too as, although I have regular 28 day periods, I'm not 100% convinced I'm ovulating - I'm getting older and my periods are changing so am paranoid I'm going to have an early menopause!

Bows85 Wed 04-Jan-17 22:58:38

Thanks for replying kirin.

I'm going to see this cycle out with OPKs and temping, then maybe think about having a more relaxed month without the added stresses of tests and bbt checking. Hopefully I will see some change in temperature in the next couple of day.

haveacupoftea Thu 05-Jan-17 00:13:20

It sounds like you might just be having a longer cycle this month. Either that or you missed the surge. What day did you start taking your OPKs?

Bows85 Thu 05-Jan-17 06:08:18

I'm hoping that it's just a longer cycle haveacup. Started using ic OPKs quite early on, at around CD11 knowing that I'm yet to understand my cycles after coming off bc.
I started the day with FMU on my cv digital OPK and I got a flashing smiley (high fertility), so maybe things are happening... fx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now