Talk

Advanced search

Newbie lurker!

(6 Posts)
ChunkyButFunky Wed 04-Jan-17 17:06:57

Hello all

I hope you are well. I have been lurking for a couple of days so decided to take the plunge to write a post for some advice or just to have someone to talk to as my head is confused.

So a bit of background. I'm 27 years old, I've been with my bf for 4 years and we are very happy. He is my best friend, very kind loving and supporting of everything I do. 2 years ago I decided to go to uni to get my teaching degree after working in a primary school for 9 years, so at the moment I work full time and do uni in the evenings. He earns a fairly high salary so we are finically secure and we are currently buying a house together ( after both living with my mum for 3 years and saving a deposit.) we love being together and we've travelled lots, dated lots and just understand one another.

I have been on the pill since I've known him and taken it every day at the same time. It made my periods less frequent and lighter which was great! However at the end of last year I kept experiencing some random symptoms and after talking in depth with a close friend ( also on the same pill) I decided to stop taking it for a while so I could A) see if I felt better and B) to get my cycle back to more regular.
So we started using condoms.

Now... on New Year's Eve we went to a party, had some drinks etc and came home early hours of the morning. We DTD with a condom but after my bf had finished he realised that the condom had slipped off and was still inside me blush so he had to pull it out. There was nothing in it ( sorry if tmi) so I guess it slipped off before he ejaculated. Now I didn't really think anything of it.

I come from a big family with lots of babies and everyone keeps saying to me when are you two going to have a little one etc and yesterday after spending the day with my 8 week old nephew I thought aww it would be nice to have a little
Person that is part of us. We are so happy why not have a little family.

I have today used an ovulation calculator and ( I'm only doing this based of information I know as the pill has affected my cycle) I've calculated when I was most fertile and ovulating. My last period was 12th December and my cycles ( before the pill) used to be 33 days. If this is still the case I would of been fertile from 28th December and I would of ovulated on 1st January.
Given we had sex early hours of Jan 1st and the condom failed, what would be my chances of falling pregnant?

I've been thinking it about for the last 24 hours or so and the more I think about having a baby with the Man I love the more I want it.

I was just curious to what people think and what 'symptoms' to look out for if there's a chance I could be pregnant?

Sorry for such a long post! Just got so much in my head but don't want to get my hopes up. If this did turn out to be a little accident it would be best 'accident' I've ever had! X

Sonnet18 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:15:48

Your chances probably aren't that high this month but who knows, weirder things have happened! However, you said you've been thinking about this for 24hours...that is such a short time to think about having a baby so if it doesn't happen this month I would say no big deal really! Sorry if that sounds mean.

ChunkyButFunky Wed 04-Jan-17 19:19:43

Apologies on my behalf! I've clearly worded that wrong.

Don't take me wrong, I have not suddenly thought in the last 24 hours omg a baby would be an amazing addition because they are so cute.

I have wanted children since in my teens and have lots of experience with them, which is why I've put it off as I didn't want children young as I know first hand what it involves.
Me and my partner have also had the discussion of children in the future.
I suppose I meant I've never had contraception fail before and because it did, it made me think more about what would happen if i fell sooner rather than later. Thank you for your reply though I guess time will tell and I am obviously more broody then I first thought because I didn't freak out.

confusedat23 Wed 04-Jan-17 21:28:05

Hi Chunky maybe use this as a good starting point to have this conversation. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the FW the app says unless you have confirmed in previous months that it matches your cycle. I would just say to DP look this has happened the consequences of this is on such a date my period is due if I am
Preggo what are we gonna do? Then you will have a pretty clear game plan for now. Once you either get a BFP or AF you can then decide to discuss trying or whatever your next step is. Thats what I would do IMO because I cannot just leave anything to chance I like to know what the next step is. But if you are able to be all relaxed then just wait till 14th Jan and if no AF try a First Response Early Result test and you will havd your answer xxx

ChunkyButFunky Wed 04-Jan-17 22:18:56

Thank you so much for you reply.

We have started to have that conversation tonight and I think it's made us both realise starting a family is what we both want.
If it hasn't happened now then we are going to finish signing the contract to our house and then in a few months time start tracking and TTC so you may be seeing more of me in the near future! X

confusedat23 Wed 04-Jan-17 22:41:07

Hey Chunky what amazing news!... come and join me and some other lovely ladies on the getting ready for baby challenge thread... you will fit right in! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now