Talk

Advanced search

6dpo and itching to POAS

(14 Posts)
HighlandMcChancer Wed 04-Jan-17 14:54:39

Someone talk me down! Boobs are sore but this happened last month too! Don't want to get myself too excited incase it's just AF symptoms

Bubblegum89 Wed 04-Jan-17 14:58:50

My boobs are sore and I'm only 7dpo. I couldn't help myself and tested with a hpt I had lying around the house and of course, it was negative! I honestly would just wait as long as possible. Easier said then done I know!

HighlandMcChancer Wed 04-Jan-17 15:00:29

I've set myself a target of waiting until Sunday 🙈 I know I'll cave by Friday!

ricepolo Wed 04-Jan-17 15:04:46

Say you tested and you got a bfp.

You'd immediately start worrying about whether it would stick (since, unfortunately, quite a few pre-AF bfp's don't). Surely it's much nicer to wait until after your period's due and get a lovely strong line with a much higher likelihood of a successful pregnancy...??

Or if you tested and got a bfn you'd just spend the next few days stressing and worrying and peeing on more sticks.

Honestly, try not to test early.

Bubblegum89 Wed 04-Jan-17 15:09:35

I'm going to get two tests, one for the weekend when I'll be 11dpo and then another for after AF is due if it doesn't show up! Chemical pregnancies are always a possibility so I'm trying to remember that whenever I feel the urge to test too early smile don't cave!!

LisaSimpsonsbff Wed 04-Jan-17 15:25:03

Isn't it essentially impossible to get a BFP on 6dpo?! My understanding is that 8dpo is the absolute earliest, and even then most pregnant women would get a negative test.

I think I sort of like testing a couple of days pre-af, because it gives me a bit of time to get over the disappointment of a negative before she arrives,and cuts the period of me getting my hopes up a couple of days short. I've never had a chemical, though, and can completely see why that might change your mind on this.

HighlandMcChancer Wed 04-Jan-17 15:29:52

Oh I didn't think about chemical or early losses, I've had three children and with each one I was taken by surprise (ds1 on the pill, ds2 on mini pill, dd was told due to PCOS wouldn't conceive again) so actively trying is all new to me counting days & two week waits 😵

Lindsaymarie89 Wed 04-Jan-17 15:33:23

Ahhhhhh i caved today and POAS!!! BFN sad been in a mood all dayyyy!! and comfort ate doritos and huge costco double choc muffin!
i guessed i was 9dpo but not sure as onky came off pill early november! I must learn to be patient sad

Anna2006 Wed 04-Jan-17 15:35:55

Try to be patient and wait at least until day or so before AF. 11 or 12 DPO is a fairly good time.

I've tested early past two months and just annoy myself. I'm on 2DPO but I used all my tests and refuse to buy anymore until my period is due.

I won't want to waste a test if I'm
not using FMU an if I have no test in the cupboard then I can't waste it. Maybe worth a try?

Frusso Wed 04-Jan-17 15:44:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wingingit88 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:30:31

Frusso that's a great way to think about it! I generally use pound shop 3 for £1 tests if I have he urge to poas early

Frusso Wed 04-Jan-17 19:20:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wingingit88 Wed 04-Jan-17 20:05:24

I had the same with ds2, ic had nothing on it but frer was a positive. However with ds1 I tested whilst st work (im a nurse) with a cheap ish test and it was a positive! I'm going to hold off testing until Sunday when I'm working next grin

MouseLove Wed 04-Jan-17 22:14:30

Poas before AF is just asking for bad moods and heartache. Relax. You have 9 months to wait anyways. What's another week? I have only done 4 tests in my TTC journey. day 36 of a 50 day cycle. And Day 32 (bfn) & 34 & 35 (digital) where I got my BFP. Honestly I'm 5+2 today and absolutely no symptoms at all. I think some of the early symptoms might be our mind playing cruel tricks as well as possible ovulation symptoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now