Talk

Advanced search

5 days late!

(39 Posts)
Chockywockydodah Wed 04-Jan-17 13:58:42

Just looking for a bit of advice really?

Basically AF was due on the 30th of December, so as of today is 5 days late! And she's no where to be seen!

I took a test on the day my AF was due as I just felt a bit weird (spotty chin, headachy, bleeding teeth, cramping, backache). It's was BFN. Then I retested yesterday when I was 4 days late and again BFN.

What's going on? I've had horrendous back ache all day and keep running to the loo to see if she's here! Nada!

Thanks in advance! grin xx

SparklyBlueShoes Thu 05-Jan-17 14:21:44

Hello there!
I'm 3 days late and also in exactly the same boat. I've searched the Internet as that's what we all do isn't it! I'm still so hopeful that I may have a positive soon but tested the day before AF due and BFN, tested the day due and also the day after and all BFN. Haven't tested today as can't handle another negative and just want to know what is going on.
I've made a dr appointment for next week which will be a week overdue to hope they can do a test and to help me either way.
I have had regular 26 day cycles and been TTC for three months and just wish I could get the BFP!
The internet tells me that it's fairly common and people have got BFP after a few days and weeks and a few have said AF eventually came so at a total loss!
Wishing you a result either way soon smile

Chockywockydodah Fri 06-Jan-17 05:52:04

It's sucks doesn't it sparkly! sad
Officially a week late now! Took a test yesterday which was bfn...although seemed to have a line wayyyyy out of the time limit! hmm testing again in a mo wi

Chockywockydodah Fri 06-Jan-17 05:53:41

Stupid phone! wink as I was saying testing in a mo with a FRER, if it's still a BFN I'm giving up and it's obviously something else!

Let me know how you get on! When do you plan on testing again?

FX for us !! Xxx

Chockywockydodah Fri 06-Jan-17 06:35:39

BFN ....I think?! hmm a sort of shadow line appeared with in the 3 minute time limit, and stayed there but don't think it has any colour! It's so faint too I don't think I could even take a picture of it!

X

SparklyBlueShoes Fri 06-Jan-17 06:42:36

Tested again this morning and BFN sad
Will you see a Dr? I'm booked in for next week but trying so hard not to get worried what's going on here!? sad

Chockywockydodah Fri 06-Jan-17 07:33:35

Sorry to hear that sad yes, going to phone them later if I get a chance! Wish AF would just arrive now confused x

ScottishLady7 Fri 06-Jan-17 09:24:49

Good luck to you both.

I was 10 days late before AF eventually appeared and so I made an appointment to see my fertility clinic doctor. She felt it was most likely an anovulatory cycle. Apparently these are reasonably common? I had never had one before...

Anyway, AF came and then the following month I got my BFP! Maybe your bodies are gearing up for a really fertile month? Good luck!

Chockywockydodah Fri 06-Jan-17 15:06:44

Oooo glad to hear you got a BFP the following month! Fingers crossed for us then grin xx

Chockywockydodah Sun 08-Jan-17 07:44:10

Still no AF here, and no symptoms of pregnancy or period starting hmm

Reluctant to take another test as I don't want to see another negative sad

Khaleesi85 Sun 08-Jan-17 15:24:30

Hi ladies! Can I join?

I'm currently on cd31 of a normally 28 day cycle. Been testing since just before af should of been due and all bfn. Still no sign of af.
I think I may have ovulated late around New Years. So hoping there's still a chance I'm pregnant. I've been warmer than normal every night for the past week as DH has complained about the fact I'm so hot at night when I'm normally always cold!

None of my usual signs of af. Fx I get a bfp soon. I'm trying to hold off testing as the bfns are so disheartening.
Sending baby dust all your way xx

Chockywockydodah Sun 08-Jan-17 18:41:32

Hello Kaleesi !

Funny you mention being hot at night, my OH has said the same! grin

Fingers crossed for you! When are you testing again? X

Khaleesi85 Sun 08-Jan-17 19:09:37

Hi Chocky,

I'm not sure when to test. If I'm right and I ovulated later then should I test 2 weeks from that date?
I'm already 3 days late but still showing negative on tests. So if I did ovulated late then I suppose I have to wait 2 weeks from that day which would mean I need to test next Sunday.
Do you think that sounds about right?

Because I normally in my normal cycle ovulate around day 14. But this cycle I didn't I ovulated on day 24?!

I'm scared to test again as I'm scared of another bfn!

Chockywockydodah Sun 08-Jan-17 20:58:23

I know how you feel, it's so disheartening when you get a BFN!

I think you're right in thinking that you test about two weeks from ovulation, before that I don't think it would show?

I don't track ovulation so for all I know I could have ovulated late perhaps? 10 days late tomorrow and going to test in the morning!

X

Khaleesi85 Mon 09-Jan-17 12:45:38

Hi chocky,
How did your test go today? I hope you got your bfp!
Still no af for me! On cd 32. Very late for me! Fingers crossed it will be a bfp for me too soon!
I'm certainly feeling different to how I normally do in my cycle. My appetite has increased and I frequently need the loo! Not like me.
I just hate the waiting! xx

Chockywockydodah Mon 09-Jan-17 14:28:14

Hello Khaleesi!

BFN for me this morning! Where the hell is my AF??

Also, does anyone know if FRER's are known for indent/shadow lines? The last two I have taken have had a faint line after about an hour? So faint i can't see any colour! But when I've had negative frers before they have been stark white??

Cd38 for me today sad still hope I suppose! X

Chockywockydodah Mon 09-Jan-17 14:28:58

Also, the symptoms sound really promising Khaleesi! gringringrin xx

Khaleesi85 Mon 09-Jan-17 16:30:39

I found myself really panicking about it all today. The possibility of being pregnant after my miscarriage last year. Little bit scared because when I miscarried I lost loads of blood and nearly died.
I know it's an irrational fear as there is no reason to suggest that if I am pregnant this time it will end in miscarriage.
Just can't stop slightly worrying about it. I guess that's to be expected though.

Symptoms are really promising. Don't want to get my hopes up though, just in case I'm not pregnant. But it's unusual for me to be this late and not have any signs of af.
Fingers crossed. Still not sure when to test??
Thinking of holding on till weekend and then doing one with fmu. By then it would be around 12-14 days past my late ovulation.

I'm really hoping this is it for me. Can't bear another bfn.
Just remember chocky it's not over until af shows! So even though you got a bfn today. Af still hasn't shown. So maybe you ovulated later than normal? So there might not be enough hcg to register on a test yet xx
Thinking of you Hun. You never know this time next week we could be bump buddies! 🤞🏻

Khaleesi85 Mon 09-Jan-17 16:33:07

Forgot to add... I don't have much experience with FRER. When I've had a negative they have been totally white window. Maybe it could be an evap? Or a very faint bfp? I'm not sure. Do you have a photo of it? Maybe post it and see what others think? xx

Chockywockydodah Mon 09-Jan-17 18:07:08

Evening!

I don't think you're being irrational at all! Completely understandable to worry slightly. You've just got to take it one day at a time and try to stay positive!!

I think testing at the weekend would be the best idea, as a bfp would defiantly show by then! It's awful seeing nothing when poas.

This line is so faint I could even take a picture if I tried! Think I've just got some serious line eye wink I got a really strong bfp with my DC1 but a really faint bfp with DC2 but I tested 3 days early with him! Thought I would have got my bfp by now if I am indeed pregnant!

X

Khaleesi85 Mon 09-Jan-17 18:28:04

As the saying goes, every pregnancy is different! So maybe you won't show up on test till later especially if there's a chance you ovulated late like I did?!

Fingers crossed for us both! It's just the waiting I can't handle and the not knowing one way or another! I'm too impatient 😂
Monday is done just few more days to go!

I'm at work at the moment finding it really hard this week as I'm so tired! Everything feels like a massive effort. Not liking this rain today either. It's all dark wet and cold! Want to be at home with a massive mug of hot chocolate! ☺
Hope you have a lovely evening. Try not to stress. You will know one way or another soon. Just be patient! (Says the most impatient woman ever!)

Chockywockydodah Mon 09-Jan-17 19:32:54

Being tired - another fab sign! I know it's been miserable today, a hot chocolate sounds like a fantastic idea!!

X

Khaleesi85 Tue 10-Jan-17 07:26:37

Just did a Superdrug test with fmu and bfn 😞 I don't understand. I really feel pregnant like I did with my DS. Still no sign of af.

Maybe I should of waited till weekend when it would be 14dpo 😞

Chockywockydodah Tue 10-Jan-17 08:12:33

Don't worry Khaleesi! It's far too early for you to be testing yet anyway! Lots of women don't get a bfp till after AF is due, and seeing as you ovulated late you'll be due AF later anyway!

I have a good feeling for you! Fingers and toes crossed! Xx

Khaleesi85 Tue 10-Jan-17 08:33:07

Thank you chocky! I hope so. I'm crossing everything for us both.

On cd33 now. Longest cycle I've ever had! I wish I hadn't of given in and tested this morning.

It's so disheartening seeing another bfn when you feel so sure that it would be a bfp 😞

I'm crazy bloated at the moment too. I look like I have a bump I'm that bloated. Was so tired last night I could of passed out. Work was much harder than normal.
Fingers crossed!!

Not doing another test until the weekend. Don't want to keep torturing myself!
Are you managing to hold off the testing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now