Talk

Advanced search

Sex after C Section

(5 Posts)
TomNikki14 Tue 03-Jan-17 21:09:28

I had my daughter three weeks ago now via C Section and my scar has healed really well. I know it's advised that you don't have sex until at least six weeks, but I'm kind of feeling up to it but equally so don't want to damage the scar healing process... has anybody got any experiences they can share / advice on what to do?

Thanks, Nikki x

GreedyDuck Tue 03-Jan-17 21:45:02

I would be very careful, bear in mind that you are still healing internally as well. I think I would wait personally as I'd be worried about my scar reopening, but then I still felt like I'd been run over by a bus at three weeks, the baby needed me pretty constantly, I was getting zero sleep, and having sex was the last thing on my mind. Lucky you for feeling up to it!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 03-Jan-17 21:47:23

Just wait or do other things other than penatrative sex, you have had major abdominal surgery and the scar is only part of it.

AragornsManlyStubble Tue 03-Jan-17 22:54:03

I've had 3 c sections and had full penatrative sex 3 weeks after each. You know your body best. Obviously go slow, take your time and nothing too rough, but if you feel up to trying then all I can say is I was the same and lived to tell the tale with no issues.

Yoarchie Tue 03-Jan-17 23:02:16

I'd be careful. The wound on the outside of your body that's healing well is only part of your recovery. Your uterus was also subject to surgery and you can't see it. Personally I'd offer a BJ and leave everything on your part well alone. Doesn't orgasm cause the uterus to contract?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now