Talk

Advanced search

Are heavy periods bad for TTC?

(4 Posts)
SayenRose Tue 03-Jan-17 17:13:59

I've wondered this for a while. Been TTC for 8 months now with no success.

I had my implant removed earlier this year and after 6 weeks my periods returned. They are very regular for 6 months I had 28 day cycles and the last 2 months 29 day cycles.
However, since the implant removal (I had no periods with the implant) my periods have been extremely heavy, to the point I need to wear two pads and to change them every 1-2 hours. (TMI) There are also a lot of bright red clumps, some quite large. This lasts about 2.5 days, then the next 2.5 days are normal medium to light period.

I have 2 other DC conceived over 7 years ago, both conceived within the first month but with a different partner. My periods back then were regular but not heavy.

Is it normal to bleed so much? Could it somehow be affecting my chances of conceiving? According to OPKs I ovulate around day 15.

TinselTwins Tue 03-Jan-17 17:15:52

it depends on the cause, if there's fibroids then maybe.

I have no growths but have heavy periods and I convieve easily.

Maybe enquire with your GP to rule out growths?

physicskate Tue 03-Jan-17 19:17:13

And while you're there ask about taking iron! Really heavy periods can make you anaemia which affects fertility too.

SayenRose Tue 03-Jan-17 19:57:43

Thank you for your replies, I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow to ask about this.

When I had the implant out I naively assumed I would just get pregnant as easily as with my other DC sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now