Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Facing the idea that it might never happen

(4 Posts)
Ironingisthebaneofmylife Tue 03-Jan-17 02:25:28

DH and I have been married for just over 3 years. I have a DD (11) from a previous relationship, who was born when I was 21. I'm now 33
We have been actively TTC since I had the implant removed a month before we got married. Nothing. Lots of maybes, symptom spotting like mad, but ultimately nothing.
I should add that he and I are both significantly overweight - this is something that we are addressing as of tomorrow (today?). I also have hypothyroidism. We have both stopped smoking (well, switched to vaping.)
TTC has gone from 'lets just see if it happens' to beginning to occupy my thoughts more and more. I get ridiculously jealous of pregnancy and new baby announcements from friends etc, and the questions from everyone about if we're having another are starting to wear thin, to the point I am telling people I don't want any more.
Sorry for the ramble. I'm just feeling sad at the prospect that it's probably not going to happen for us now, and trying to get my head around it. I feel its pointless going to the GP as we will just be sent away and told to lose weight.

onlymrsmac Tue 03-Jan-17 18:12:34

Hi ironing

Sorry to hear of your challenges! Have you tracked your cycles at all? OPKs or temping will help you pinpoint the good days to DTD

You mention your weight which might be a factor. Get support from your GP too, and maybe get some tests to rule out any issues

flowers for you x

physicskate Tue 03-Jan-17 19:13:49

Also they say that even shifting a few pounds can really improve fertility if weight is an issue... so every little helps! No need for drastic weight loss.

Ironingisthebaneofmylife Tue 03-Jan-17 19:31:38

I bought a temping kit at 3am this morning...at this point I still haven't come to terms with it enough to not try anything.

By

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now