Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

OPK help

(10 Posts)
Sshsecretenclosed Mon 02-Jan-17 20:00:54

I only finished pill 30/12. Slight withdrawal bleed today. Nothing to note really. Played with OPK sticks. Always a clear negative. What does this mean? Too soon for ovulation surely?!

MrsG280516 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:07:34

That's not a positive OPK, it's not positive until the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line.

Sshsecretenclosed Mon 02-Jan-17 20:09:16

Thank you. Why would it come up that much?

MrsG280516 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:23:51

You can have different levels of LH in your system at any point in your cycle which is the hormone picked up by OPKs. I always had a line of some sort but you won't ovulate until around 12-36 hours after a positive OPK.

If it's your first month off BC then it's likely you won't ovulate until later than the "average" which is CD14. You might want to wait until you've had a withdrawal bleed (if you haven't already) then you can count CD1 as the first day of bleeding.

MrsG280516 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:25:26

Sorry, didn't read your OP properly! Count today as CD1 but you probably won't need to use OPKs for another week or so.

Sshsecretenclosed Mon 02-Jan-17 20:36:01

Ok thank you. I really appreciate it! I did do an opk whilst on the pill last week, just because I was excited about my purchase! And it was a clear negative, no second line at all. Bizarre.

Dailymaildailyfail Mon 02-Jan-17 20:37:31

I have another question (sorry to hijack thread) am using these same OPK sticks- is just testing once a day (in morning with first wee of day) sufficient or should I test more than once on the day I hope I'm ovulating? Thanks

Sshsecretenclosed Mon 02-Jan-17 20:40:55

It just even now seems same colour. Must be false reading this soon.

KP86 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:47:01

As MrsG said, it's not positive until it is as dark or darker than the control line.

So those aren't false positives, they are flat out negative tests. It just means that today your LH levels are medium high - not the surge you're looking for to indicate ovulation.

Good luck with it over the next fortnight!

Sshsecretenclosed Mon 02-Jan-17 20:57:15

Thank you for your help and advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now