Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC after miscarriage

(6 Posts)
Djmarbella Mon 02-Jan-17 19:34:03

Hey guys, had a miscarriage 9 days ago and had the suction surgery to clean uterus then. Had hardly any bleeding so was wondering when we can start trying to conceive again?

1sttimemummyedinburgh Mon 02-Jan-17 20:10:15

Hello DJMARBELLA we are in the same boat - I am so sorry for your loss! We have just lost Identical twins and had an ERPC I am crushed by it but desperate to try again. We were told to wait 1 cycle but I have head this is just to date the pregnancy I don't know if it's for medical/safety reasons. Hopefully someone with some experience can come along and help.
Take care lovely.

Littlemisssugarplum88 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:18:05

Sorry to hear your bad news both of you.
I had a mc 2 weeks ago (and had medical management) - the nurse advised me that I can begin to TTC before my first period and as said above, the reason some say to wait until after AF is mainly down to dating your pregnancy.
I've began using ovulation sticks and I'm starting to get cm again now so I'm feeling quite positive.
I suppose it depends if you feel mentally ready to try again so soon.
Good luck to us all xxx

Djmarbella Mon 02-Jan-17 21:35:16

So sorry for ur losses 💐 It was hard to understand at 1st but once i had the surgery which was a couple days after finding out, i felt a relief and glad i didnt wait for it to happen naturally as it could be very painful and take a while. I have my teary moments but i think thats the hormones lol the surgery was on xmas eve so this saturday will be 2 weeks. I have on order ovulation tests, vitamins etc which should arrive this week. We really want to try again now but read a lot that we shouldnt till after the 1st period due to infection (even though ive only had now and again spotting), if its just dating wise then it shouldnt really matter i would of thought. Just want to make sure everything is ok 'inside' so this one can make a home and sticks! 👶🏻 Hopefully someone with some medical knowledge or has been through this can help us out x

AmandaP86x Mon 02-Jan-17 22:25:43

Hi girls sorry to hear about ur experiences. I was the same had a missed misscarridge on October. Had evac too. Took 8 weeks to get my period and it was the worst I ever had. I bought ovulation kits too but when I read the instructions it said if u had been recently pregnant wait for 2 periods first as may give false information. I am using Ovia app the now don't know how accurate it is yet because I am unsure of how long my cycle is between periods. Xx

2ducks2ducklings Mon 02-Jan-17 23:00:05

Hi ladies, I'm sorry that you have a need to be on a thread like thisflowers
I had a mc at the end of November and the nurse said to wait at least one cycle for all the hormones to settle down. I ignored this though and we started ttc as soon as the bleeding had stopped. The only thing that got me through the whole experience was the thought of getting straight back to it, so to speak. I didn't get my BFP last month though so have jumped onto the January bus now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now