Talk

Advanced search

How to relax... 7 months ttc after miscarriage

(5 Posts)
rainbowgirl2016 Mon 02-Jan-17 16:57:49

Can anyone give any advice please.. We are ttc our 2nd baby and it's just not happening. I'm getting really worked up about it and I feel so miserable. I had a miscarriage in May and started ttc again straight after although my periods only came back in July. I fell quite quickly with my first. I'm going to go to the doctors tomorrow to discuss with them but not sure what to expect. I'm trying so hard not to think about it but I just can't stop. I find it really difficult to relax and i dont sleep very well. How can i relax more? Thanks for any help x

Banana82 Tue 03-Jan-17 07:57:07

Hi Rainbow. I just wanted to say you aren't alone. We started TTC our second in May and I have had 2 miscarriages since. My DS was conceived first month of trying with no problems. It's beginning to get to me and I find myself wondering if it will ever happen. We are moving to a new 4 bed home next month so we have the extra space and I am just imagining all the empty bedrooms.

Let me know what the doctor says to you. I have thought about going myself. How old if your first child?

m33r Tue 03-Jan-17 09:28:09

It took us 20months to conceive our first so we started ttc #2 as soon as I stopped BF (sept) then MC on Feb, in June (CP really) and in August. We're now 8+3. It is not easy and I am constantly anxious. I guess just to say you are not alone and to hang in there ... it's all we can do really. Good luck with the doc x

LauraK1987 Tue 03-Jan-17 17:22:24

Hi,

I just thought I would share my story. My first child is 4-nearly 5. I came off contraception in march to start ttc number 2, I had a chemical in April and got my positive at the end of October (I'm 14weeks today) from March I tracked periods, CM, I had 2 apps so I could enter all sorts of data. I made sure we had sex lots around my "fertile" days (based on the apps) I thought about it constantly and couldn't believe it didn't just "happen" (first child wasn't planned) I stressed myself out and put loads of pressure on myself and let it consume me....the month we conceived I didn't track a single thing or enter any data in my apps - in fact I didn't check my apps at all so had no idea when I was supposedly fertile and would you believe we only had sex once due to work and other things. It wasn't till after I got my positive that I looked at my apps (mostly curiousity) and I had actually ovulated a whole week later than my app said I would. I guess what I'm saying is, the month were I totally put it out of my head and didn't think about it, or track anything was the month it happened for us. Try distract yourself with other things (easier said than done I know) have a look online at some mindfulness websites which are good for relaxation, calmness and helping you sleep.

rainbowgirl2016 Wed 04-Jan-17 10:00:34

Thank you all for your advice. I'm seeing the doctor this morning so will.let you know what they say. I'm trying so hard to focus on other things..ie slimming world as I'm overweight so I'm trying to think of that more but then I can't stop myself from thinking. I've got a few friends who have tried for ages with no luck then when they have stopped thinking then it happens.. but how do you get yourself to stop thinking! My LG is 3 and half.. had no problems at all with her so can't understand why this is not happening again..although it does all tie in with what you are saying as at the time, yes we were trying but I knew it can take ages so we started trying before we got married with the thoughts of if it happens then it happens and I got pregnant on honeymoon! I keep thinking that it doesn't really matter as I have my LG but then I just can't stop thinking! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now