Talk

Advanced search

4 days late today - BFN - worrying 😫

(9 Posts)
Mummy081212 Sun 01-Jan-17 09:53:05

Good Morning & Happy New Year to you!

I've been tracking my periods for the last 6 months & cycles have been pretty regular. We started TTC in early December. I'm now 4 days late. Have no symptoms of AF or pregnancy. Did a test this morning (first response) and it was negative. I'm now starting to worry something is wrong because I'm normally regular and this is very strange. Anyone offer any advice?? Attached my period log.

Thanks in advance x

physicskate Sun 01-Jan-17 11:13:49

It is always a little irksome when we are late, especially when ttc. It may just be that you've been a bit stressed and ovulated late or that you are putting pressure on yourself.

If you ovulate later than you normally do, your period will be late. Or it might be that you haven't ovulated this cycle... most women have an anovulatory cycle or two each year...

That said, some people take a few days to build up enough hcg to be detected on a pregnancy test. FRER are generally considered quite accurate and can detect only very tiny amounts of hcg..

So this is a mystery!

Do you track when you ovulate? It might help you get a better sense of the two phases of your cycle... Hope you get answers soon!

PS - my cycles became quite irregular as soon as I started ttc! (Anywhere from 28-38 days).

Buttercupsandaisies Sun 01-Jan-17 11:17:48

Your currently on day 34 which doesn't look massively out of the ordinary looking at your log though

I would have expected a +ve by now unless you ovulated later.

Mummy081212 Sun 01-Jan-17 11:58:54

Haven't tracked ovulation but feel like I need to next month. Thanks for your comments. I know I'm putting pressure on myself and I know it's not helping, I've also had a nasty sickness bug for the past 2 days passed on to me kindly by my little boy.

Need to relax about it all I guess and let nature do its stuff x

Lilly948204 Sun 01-Jan-17 12:00:16

It could be an ectopic pregnancy, they can have really low levels of HCG or you could be experiencing late or unsuccessful implantation. A friend had this where she didn't get a positive pregnancy test until a week after AF was due but then her hormone levels were super low and didn't rise properly, unfortunately she lost the baby a couple of weeks later.

Alternatively you might just be having a longer cycle than normal.

Sorry, I know the waiting and worry is agonising.

MouseLove Sun 01-Jan-17 12:05:03

Hey Hun if you're CD34 today I'd say wait another 4 days. You've also been poorly which can delay things. You're doing good with your tracking. Good luck!! X

Helbel82 Sun 01-Jan-17 12:12:45

I had this around this time last year. I had a 35 day cycle where my usual in 29. Everything fine and now I'm 29 weeks pregnant

Mummy081212 Sun 01-Jan-17 12:54:38

Thanks so much for your responses.

I'm going to try and wait a little longer. I've booked myself a spa day with a friend to help me try and relax a little. I have been quite poorly so hoping as you say MouseLove it might delay things.

Thank you again xxx

MouseLove Sun 01-Jan-17 19:03:12

Just remember that it's not recommended that you use spa facilities such as sauna, jacuzzi or steam room if you are pregnant or trying. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now