Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation and Pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Almondbiscotti Sat 31-Dec-16 09:58:15

Have any of you tested negative with ovulation tests but still managed to get pregnant that month? My periods are very regular but i am not getting positive ovulation results when i am meant to be at my LH peak (according to my fertility app). I am slightly worried!

physicskate Sat 31-Dec-16 11:00:01

How long is your cycle? What cycle days are you opking? What time of day are you opking?

Many women ov about two weeks before af starts. So a 35 day cycle means ov is likely about day 21 so opk 17-22. A 28 day cycle would more likely ov cd 14, so opk cd 10-15. Depending on the brand, you should use the opk at a different time of day...

Ilovecaindingle Sat 31-Dec-16 11:06:44

I conceived my son now 2 when we had sex twice in the month. Neither time my suggested fertile week! Third month of ttc and never got a +opk. Since then I have ttc and used opk at 2pm and 10pm and never miss the + . Try that!!

Almondbiscotti Sat 31-Dec-16 11:26:21

I have a 30 day cycle and have been testing from day 12 to now day 18. I try first thing in the morning. Today i did both clear blue and cheapo sainsburys version and both negative.

Perhaps not ovulating as a bit stressed with xmas and family. Will keep up ttc and see where i get to when i am due on!

Almondbiscotti Sat 31-Dec-16 11:26:59

Wow Ilovecaindingle so can be anytime really! Thanks for the reassurance!

delilahbucket Mon 02-Jan-17 11:30:15

You can't test first thing with opks. They have to be done much later in the day. That is why you're missing it. I would also start testing earling than cd12. If you can only test first thing then try the clear blue fertility monitor. Expensive but accurate.

Almondbiscotti Tue 03-Jan-17 21:20:12

Yipeeeee! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now